:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Your dreams have come true, SEND in the CLONES is here now

• Comments Off on Your dreams have come true, SEND in the CLONES is here now

Your dreams have come true, SEND in the CLONES is here now

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Your dreams have come true, SEND in the CLONES is here now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BuchoBucho
    Participant

That’s right troops, me and Robby are watching every episode of The Clone Wars, one episode per day (basically) until Feb 2020 when Season 7 comes out. And we are yapping about it. With our mouths and souls and pancreases. Into microphones which are attached to computers. Then we find the files in the computers and we send them to you guys.

Maybe you thought this was “just a kids’ show”. I too was once so blind. So foolish. Did you guys know the good guys kill enemies (organic enemies to be clear, not droids) with FLAME THROWERS in this “kids’ show”?!?! Did you know a JEDI GETS TORTURED TO DEATH ON SCREEN in this “kids’ show”?!?! Did you guys know there’s an episode based on Hitchcock’s “Notorious” in this “kids’ show”?!?!?

If you’re hardcore enough to handle it get us at http://www.buchoandrobby.com. Or on iTunes at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/id1482475924.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

OctaviousOctavious
    Participant

Nicely produced! I’m 3 episodes in.

robrob
    Participant

Hope you enjoy. They’re super fun to do.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

Nicely produced! I’m 3 episodes in.

I love you SO MUCH Octavious, I’ve always said that.

You should record a (PG-rated) message so we can play it on a feedback show. Heck, record two!

BenBen
    Participant

Finally, a podcast worth listening to WITH an RSS feed. Yeehaw

BuchoBucho
    Participant

Finally, a podcast worth listening to WITH an RSS feed. Yeehaw

Welcome aboard Trooper!

BenBen
    Participant

On episode 15 – I never watched the show because I figured it was just a cartoon, I didn’t know it was so deep. I like listening to your breakdowns of the episodes and to hear a bit more about the lore. I’ll keep up with it as I can.

You and Robby are doing a great job together, it’s almost like you have been doing a show together forever. It makes it so easy to listen to, and it’s clear you both know quite a bit about the universe. Great show!

robrob
    Participant

You should hear all the stuff that gets edited out. I mean, Bucho’s…I’m sure he means well, but I’m not sure all the name-calling and insults are necessary. He also sent me a box of Gila monster poo in the mail and the note said, “Enjoy this, bitch!” But…at least the friendlier bits are what you guys all hear. I just need to make sure I limit my sobs so he can cut around those in the edit – I’d hate to have to hear more berating…

Ok, I’m done being silly. We both respect each other and we’ve always gotten along. Kindred spirits, brother from another mother and all that. Makes it easy to do! And…he’s SOOO much better at hitting points than I am. I regularly forget things to talk about, but I’m getting better!

I just hope that you guys enjoy it as much as we do recording it!

BuchoBucho
    Participant

Stoked to hear you’re digging it Ben, like Robby says it’s fun as heck for us to do it so it’s cool to know it works even if you haven’t watched the show itself yet. Funnily enough my own journey into podcasts began the same way … I basically discovered podcasting as a thing from a Joss Whedon blog post and ended up listening to two Firefly-based podcasts for about a month before I ever watched an episode of Firefly, just because it was a nice change from listening to the radio at work and because I’ve always enjoyed hearing passionate folks yap about things even if it’s not something I’m passionate about (yet). And it was because those Firefly shows both used to tell listeners at the ends of the episodes to go to Podcast Alley and vote for them that I ended up at Podcast Alley, which is where I stumbled across our beloved Switched ON lo (dimension) those many moons (of Endor) ago.

But yeah, I was in the same boat/sail barge as you for years, dismissing the animated Star Warses as “for kids” but a few people – mostly Robby – made me more and more curious about it and hopefully it comes across from my yammerings how the show kind of blew me away with just how much it expands on and deepens pretty much everything about not just the Clone Wars era of Star Wars, but the entire Star Wars Universe. The world-building alone is a ton of fun, and then via the various adventures of Anakin you get to learn more about him and Obi-wan and Padme and also get to know a bunch of new characters who are also a ton of fun to follow.

Hopefully when Disney+ launches in a couple of weeks you’re able to jump on board and even if you don’t watch The Clone Wars from Ep 1 maybe you can jump in at wherever we’re up to and this goofy little show will have done enough to orient you in the world so you’re not lost. And even if one-ep-per-day our pace is too ridiculous to keep up with you’ll at least get to hear about which episodes are essential from Robby.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

On episode 15 – I never watched the show because I figured it was just a cartoon, I didn’t know it was so deep. I like listening to your breakdowns of the episodes and to hear a bit more about the lore. I’ll keep up with it as I can.

You and Robby are doing a great job together, it’s almost like you have been doing a show together forever. It makes it so easy to listen to, and it’s clear you both know quite a bit about the universe. Great show!

What state are you in Ben? Curious because our hosts Podbean give us some download stats, including a sweet map showing where our legion of troops are based.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by BuchoBucho.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by BuchoBucho.

BenBen
    Participant

I am in Chicago, leading the troops on the coast of Lake Michigan. Awaiting orders.

I have listened up to episode 33 but have them all downloaded in my podcast queue. My other shows were a bit empty for a couple weeks so I was able to binge listen to your show.

Will see if the wife wants to try out Disney+ and I’ll use some downtime to catch up on some of the episodes.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

That’s awesome man, it’s cool to know you’re out there. Our American listenership is actually kind of concentrated in that mid-North-Eastern quadrant of the US … it seems like you guys have good taste in podcasts in that neck of the woods, although to be fair the sample size is super small right now so it could just be good old randomness.

BenBen
    Participant

Congrats on accomplishing your mission, Bucho and Rob! Your podcast got me into watching the clones animated series, and I watched the final season week to week and listened to your show right after. Great job!

I also liked the side missions where you went over the motion pictures. If you have any of those saved in the archive, I’ll be keeping an eye out for them in the RSS *wink wink

robrob
    Participant

Dude, really happy that you enjoyed it! That show was really all Bucho – the show ended up being a sort of labour of love for him, and I think it shows. Since he’s been so busy, we haven’t chatted nearly as much as we’d have liked lately, but, just in case you weren’t aware, I started a Twitch show called Order 42, and he’ll be on the show this weekend! I’m starting at 3 PM CDT, and he’ll be joining around 4. If you’re interested in that, you can go to http://twitch.tv/order42show to watch it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.