:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Yay for cable Internet

• Comments Off on Yay for cable Internet

Yay for cable Internet

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Yay for cable Internet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

So I was sitting here, playing a game yesterday, when all of a sudden “Connection Interrupted” flashed up on the screen. “Ah, stupid game,” I thought, and exited, and then tried to check my e-mail. My e-mail program wasn’t connecting to the server, so I glanced down at my modem, and the connection was gone.

It seems like the modem can find that the cable’s attached, but it can’t find the signal. I called the cable company and they couldn’t find any problems with the network, so they’re sending a guy out, but not until Thursday.

Also, there’s a box on the edge of my property that the cable company installed, so I think it has something to do with the cable Internet, and it looks like someone whacked it with their car, so I’m not sure if that’s the problem or not. So the Internet’s going much slower for me now for the next few days. I miss my cable Internet..

Bing
    Participant

Yeah calling the cable company when your computer acts up is almost as helpful as calling the dentist when your butt itches

I feel your pain ‘topia

Version3
    Keymaster

I hate cable internet… I like DSL much better, but I really miss my FiOS connection at the house.

Newman
    Participant

Dial-up man, its the way to go!

What the fuck am I saying, free school internet for me!!

djohnson
    Participant

Verizon is putting FiOS in my street as we speak. I’m supposed to be at 15Mbps by the end of the year!

Yay Me!

Bucho
    Participant

In my country the internet is delivered to each home free of charge by specially trained army ants.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Pa-ul
    Participant

The French are supposed to be lucky on the cable speed front.

I think they have 100/1gig connections. 😯

I want one now, but I ain’t moving to France.

Curly bread for Breakfast (Croissants, just remembered) and lots of wine and Champagne. 💡

Champagne is used for celebrating. 😀

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

The French are cool with their damn high speed connection, but they still got some crappy things in their county. Like hairy women, and French people.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I’ve been checking my cable connection periodically throughout the day just to make sure, and it was down all yesterday, then today when I got up this morning, it was back up again. Then at about 2:40 p.m. it went back down again, but came back up again about a minute or two later, and seems to be working for now.

I’ve started keeping a log of everything that happens so when I call them tonight they can add the new notes to my account for the technician to bring with him when he comes over tomorrow.

rob
    Participant
    YouFollowMe? wrote:
    The French are cool with their damn high speed connection, but they still got some crappy things in their county. Like hairy women, and French people.

That’s wrong. But extremely funny.

digitaltopia
    Participant

The technician came today. He checked my line and said the signal was good. He said sometimes the modems can just lock up and need to be restarted. Also, last week one of the main fiber lines was cut, and the network went down, and he says that with the network down and the modem continually searching for a connection, that can confuse it a bit. He also said that when you turn a modem off and on a lot, that can confuse it too, and I’ve been unplugging mine every night. He said that it’s best to just leave the modem plugged in all the time, and if I leave mine plugged in all the time, the problems should smooth themselves out and everything should be back to normal.

djohnson
    Participant

I call bullshit on that. Sounds like a technician who doesn’t know how to solve a problem and blames it on you. There is no way that unplugging a modem should “confuse” it…That’s ridiculous.

stealth1290
    Participant

well you see it’s all part of the accoutrements. I would also check the callipygian. yes they’re real words look em up.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    digitaltopia wrote:
    he says that with the network down and the modem continually searching for a connection, that can confuse it a bit. He also said that when you turn a modem off and on a lot, that can confuse it too.

I’m surprised he did’nt say stand behind the door then run out while it’s not looking, that can confuse it. 😀

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

rob
    Participant
    digitaltopia wrote:
    He also said that when you turn a modem off and on a lot, that can confuse it too, and I’ve been unplugging mine every night.

You could have said, “Yeah, that would be confusing — like math to a retard.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.