:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

WTF Apple

• Comments Off on WTF Apple

WTF Apple

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Newman
    Participant

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

Am I on drugs or are those coloured devices?.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s just a case painting service… generally they use automotive finishes to make them really durable. It’s been popular on gaming machines for quite a while, nice to see someone officially doing it on Apple machines now. I think it’s too damn expensive though, for instance, it’s $400 for me to get my 12″ iBook done. -uh, not!

Pa-ul
    Participant

Or you could open it up and spray it yourself.

The Orange looks good, but watch your retinas.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Keymaster

Those durable finishes are hard to get right… nobody should open their own machine up and just rattle can it. The cost on those machines is largely process and warranty I’m sure.

Pa-ul
    Participant

If it’s out of warranty, and you are a tech savvy kinda guy (or girl, trying not to be sexist), a custom laptop would look cool.

Imagine an Orange laptop with the Switched:On Logo on the lid 8)

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

stealth1290
    Participant

When i was heavy into modding, i would take my panels from my desktop strip it myself, and then take it to the dealership where my parents bought ALL there cars, so i usualy get it for close to free, they’ld go in the booth prime it paint a couple of coats and clear coat it and i could come back at the end of the day pick it up (paint still a lil tackey) and by the next morning i had a brand spanken new paint job.

that dealership is still around and my parents still buy there cars there, so i could talk to them about a paint job if you really want one

BSherrod
    Participant

Thats awesome, I almost got an iPod from there until I decided to not get one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.