:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Wolverine

• Comments Off on Wolverine

Wolverine

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Wolverine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

I think this trailer is pretty new, what do y’all reckon about what it shows us?

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-origins-wolverine/trailer

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, I think it shows us that they are ignoring the world they created with the first movies and are just trying to make it cool. It’s way overstuffed with mutants in my opinion; we’ll just see how they pull it off. Right now, based on that trailer, I downgraded the movie a lot.

Bucho
    Participant

I got the same feeling, I have lower hopes for it now. The action looks pretty cheeseball and the dialogue is bad, especially that last exchange.

Wolverine is the most interesting comic hero to me because of his internal battle and the simplicity of his powers, and that he’s a kind of working class dude. The problem is there are very, very few other characters even a tenth as interesting in his world and they get in the fuckin way all the time. The Wolverine comics were always far superior to the X-Men ones for me because I didn’t give two fucks about Storm or Colossus or Ice Man because they were boring and their powers too ridiculous. Fuck off Cyclops you’re just getting in the way!!!

I know I’m not saying anything too original, Wolverine is a classic anti-hero and the most popular of the X-Men by far, but I had high hopes that my man Logan would have the chance to show off his badassness free of the mutant-heavy sludge that dragged down successive X-Men films. This trailer is mostly a bummer.

Version3
    Keymaster

You guys have been pretty quiet about this moving leading up to it… it’s hard to be excited about it huh?

Did anyone else hear that a final cut of the movie found it’s way to the inter-pipes in the last day or so? Turns out, it was no April Fools joke, and it’s really the whole movie a full month before it releases in theaters.

Interesting.

Pretty soon they will have the technology to pirate movies before they are even made.

Bing
    Participant

A guy I know heard from a guy he knows that told I guy I know that the version that was up for download was a pre-release with some missing SFX.

I heard from this guys sister that I only saw about 30 mins of it and my opinion was ….yeah….cool idea if you had done it…..but you money grubbing hollywood whores force feed us adam sandler and seth rogan until …..REVOLUTION!

or something much less dramatic and whatnot.

But damn Hugh Jackson has a cut physique that makes me almost ashamed of my big-ole beer gut. In a totally non gay way…..I mean it ain’t like he’s nathan fillion or something….uh, ……..I mean for the faygs out there….huh, huh……………………….I’ll be in the Varsity Girls locker room….

totally gay in a non gay way
    bing

Version3
    Keymaster

I heard that the versions that were out there were missing the soundtrack and had no SFX as well… However, there *may* be one with the whole soundtrack and less than 10% of the shots unfinished.

Bucho
    Participant

I’m 50-50 if I’ll even see this in the theatres now, it looks like the sort of mess you expect when the director and producer have different ideas for what the film should be. I’m more excited about Star Trek than a Wolverine film and that’s something I’d never have thought I’d say five years ago. Then again, low expectations have served me well in the past.

Version3
    Keymaster

Wolverine = suck… I mean I ‘expect’ Wolverine to = suck. 😀

digitaltopia
    Participant

I don’t know the history of Wolverine so I don’t know if all those other mutants really do appear in his history, but it almost seems like this movie is just an excuse to pack in all the other mutants that people liked from other mediums but that didn’t appear in the other movies.

I’m still going to go see it, but I’m much more excited about Star Trek.

rob
    Participant
    digitaltopia wrote:
    I’m still going to go see it, but I’m much more excited about Star Trek.

Hear, hear!

Newman
    Participant

I saw it last night with Batman and it was alright. Nothing super fantastic or anything but a good way to waste $9 and 2 hours.

Bing
    Participant

It doesn’t suck ass but it was a letdown

digitaltopia
    Participant

I enjoyed it well enough. Nothing outstanding, nothing horrible, just enjoyable.

Version3
    Keymaster

Suck! I said so weeks ago. I expected it, and it delivered… on the suck.

Ivan
    Participant

Sucked hard what a sucky piece of suck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.