:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Why I hate Microsoft reason #243…

• Comments Off on Why I hate Microsoft reason #243…

Why I hate Microsoft reason #243…

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Why I hate Microsoft reason #243…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Okay, what is it this time? Well, my Xbox 360 is now officially on the fritz. What is “on the fritz”, you might ask? It’s all fucked up.

Well, when I turned it on today, hoping for a little Gears of War action before bedtime, it locks up during a cutscene. Okay — it’s happened before, right? Just turn it off, then turn it back on, yeah? Nope. Damn thing emits three red flashing lights in the ring of light.

After cursing loudly, I started searching for more info. Apparently, this is a nationwide problem. Take off the hard drive and then unplug the Xbox, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and try. Nope. Fuck, man! This sucks!

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to call the fuckers, and hopefully they’ll send me a fuckin’ box of light or whatever the fuck so I can play my fuckin’ games. Shit, I’m so pissed off.

So, yeah — nothing funny, really. Anyone else have this problem?

rob
    Participant

Okay, what is it this time? Well, my Xbox 360 is now officially on the fritz. What is “on the fritz”, you might ask? It’s all fucked up.

Well, when I turned it on today, hoping for a little Gears of War action before bedtime, it locks up during a cutscene. Okay — it’s happened before, right? Just turn it off, then turn it back on, yeah? Nope. Damn thing emits three red flashing lights in the ring of light.

After cursing loudly, I started searching for more info. Apparently, this is a nationwide problem. Take off the hard drive and then unplug the Xbox, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and try. Nope. Fuck, man! This sucks!

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to call the fuckers, and hopefully they’ll send me a fuckin’ box of light or whatever the fuck so I can play my fuckin’ games. Shit, I’m so pissed off.

Version3
    Keymaster
    rob wrote:

Hating Microsoft? Yep.

Derryk has not had this problem with his 360, but I’ll be on the lookout for it now.

Version3
    Keymaster
    rob wrote:

Hating Microsoft? Yep.

Derryk has not had this problem with his 360, but I’ll be on the lookout for it now.

Octavious
    Participant

Rob as I 360 owner myself, I hope this help.

When you get the person on the phone, be patience and calm. A year ago when I bought my 360 (right after the “not enough for X-mas shopping fiasco”) and after I read, saw about the problems with heating and all that shit, it was fine until about a month in. I started to have starting problems, freezing during the game problems and then I got a guy on the phone. He told me what to do, but it still didn’t work. Then the customer service rep. asked what that noise was and I told him it was the 360. In a quick minute, he told me that the 360 was shot but wanted to be sure so he contiued; Microsoft will be sending a box, put the console in the box, ship it (free) and then about a week later I had a new one. After that not a problem with it since.

Octavious
    Participant

Rob as I 360 owner myself, I hope this help.

When you get the person on the phone, be patience and calm. A year ago when I bought my 360 (right after the “not enough for X-mas shopping fiasco”) and after I read, saw about the problems with heating and all that shit, it was fine until about a month in. I started to have starting problems, freezing during the game problems and then I got a guy on the phone. He told me what to do, but it still didn’t work. Then the customer service rep. asked what that noise was and I told him it was the 360. In a quick minute, he told me that the 360 was shot but wanted to be sure so he contiued; Microsoft will be sending a box, put the console in the box, ship it (free) and then about a week later I had a new one. After that not a problem with it since.

Armez
    Participant

You could try the heat gun trick…

Just Google it…

b/c Microsoft sucks at making anything, you have to make it not suck yourself…

obviously you need a heat gun…

I don’t know what that is….

Armez
    Participant

You could try the heat gun trick…

Just Google it…

b/c Microsoft sucks at making anything, you have to make it not suck yourself…

obviously you need a heat gun…

I don’t know what that is….

Musashi
    Participant

I hate windows, microsoft, and basically anything bill gates makes. Whoever made apple is a friggin genius.

I don’t have an xbox (or related), cuz i have a ps2! it literally never freezes, only on certain parts on (a) certain game(s)*ahchourhkingdomheartsIIblacrhr*. But otherwise, it is cool. Speaking of which, I got Rogue Galaxy for my b-day. The frikin shit, man. It’s probably better than gears of war, and just as active.

Musashi
    Participant

I hate windows, microsoft, and basically anything bill gates makes. Whoever made apple is a friggin genius.

I don’t have an xbox (or related), cuz i have a ps2! it literally never freezes, only on certain parts on (a) certain game(s)*ahchourhkingdomheartsIIblacrhr*. But otherwise, it is cool. Speaking of which, I got Rogue Galaxy for my b-day. The frikin shit, man. It’s probably better than gears of war, and just as active.

Bing
    Participant

Rob, any updates on this. I am really curious as to what happens.
    (thinking of getting a 360)

Bing
    Participant

Rob, any updates on this. I am really curious as to what happens.
    (thinking of getting a 360)

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but not much of one. I called them after I got home Saturday, and they confirmed that it was a hardware issue. They told me to box it up and ship it to them, and they would replace it. My wife is supposed to ship it out today.

So yeah — ship it to them on my dime.

What I should have done was by the repair program thing at Best Buy. If I’d have bought that, I could have taken it to them and they would have given me a new one that day. Gamestop and EB Games has the same deal, too. It really isn’t that much more money, and it’s nice to be able to replace it and all that shit.

I’m still mad as hell about it. I wanted to play Call of Duty last night, dammit!

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but not much of one. I called them after I got home Saturday, and they confirmed that it was a hardware issue. They told me to box it up and ship it to them, and they would replace it. My wife is supposed to ship it out today.

So yeah — ship it to them on my dime.

What I should have done was by the repair program thing at Best Buy. If I’d have bought that, I could have taken it to them and they would have given me a new one that day. Gamestop and EB Games has the same deal, too. It really isn’t that much more money, and it’s nice to be able to replace it and all that shit.

I’m still mad as hell about it. I wanted to play Call of Duty last night, dammit!

thx_1227
    Participant

Yeah, Microsoft SUCKS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.