:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Why are we not funny?

• Comments Off on Why are we not funny?

Why are we not funny?

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Why are we not funny?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Eh, just more bitching here about how our particular brand of humor is not the flavor shared by the general population. I saw this article about Apatow finding some kid who’s huge on YouTube and putting his ass to work. The kid is one of the most popular things on YouTube, and has a #6 album on iTunes… yet he’s isn’t that funny to me. Why?

Article Link: http://www.joblo.com/apatows-next-find (you can see this kid’s video and links to his other stuff there).

rob
    Participant

I’m not gonna sit here and say that this kid’s funny, but he’s definitely got talent. And, the overwhelming confidence is probably a big deal. He’s acting like a big shot, even if he isn’t yet.

Would I search out his stuff? Nope, but that doesn’t mean that hundreds and hundreds of brainless twats out there won’t.

El Rustirino
    Participant

SPOILERS: Everything funny is decided by me, president of the National Humor Committee. I turned you guys down to fuck with you.

Version3
    Keymaster

Oh I’ll admit the guy had his “thing” down for that little rap, but it wasn’t “funny”. Humorous maybe, but I don’t see how it’s funny to the masses. The dude is huge on YouTube and iTunes… not some attention, he’s huge. Hundreds isn’t the key here, he has something like 2 million subscribers on YouTube. That along makes me question the humor of the masses.

Rusty, if that’s true than you need to put a stop to a few things. Get right on it sucka.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Yeah, I was planing on it. Family Guy is the first to go.

I will be doing the world a huge favor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.