:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Who the fuck is Shia LaBeouf?!

• Comments Off on Who the fuck is Shia LaBeouf?!

Who the fuck is Shia LaBeouf?!

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Who the fuck is Shia LaBeouf?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scatt
    Participant

I don’t see many movies, but this is one of those things that piss you off, because you’re still over-saturated with a name. You don’t know anything about the person, but the nonstop mentioning makes you hate the person before seeing a picture. Shia LaBeouf is one of those things. I just now found out what gender the person is, but I still have been going, “Fuck Shia LaBeouf. Eeeeeww, look at me, I’m Shia LaBeouf.

To cut to the point, why is it that even though I stray from any major media source except my internet access, I feel over-saturated with the name Shia LaBeouf. What’s so great about this guy and what has he accomplished.

rob
    Participant

Well, I like him. IMDB is your friend — humble beginnings…now — filming with one of our greatest directors in one of the most highly anticipated movies of the last 20 years. A likeable guy. Down to earth — real.

Bing
    Participant

Its the name that bugs me….kinda like the Cosby Show kid’s name but not quite….

Besides, it sounds like a girls name but turns out to be a guy that looks kinda like the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun, but not quite…

BUT he was in Transformers which I managed to never get a chance to see, so that’s kinda cool I guess….but not quite.

All kidding aside though you do have a good point. I do find times of feeling over-saturated with a name or phrase. His name is not easy to hear and you feel kinda gay saying it aloud. I can’t speak to his appeal since I’ve never seen him in anything and only know him from being in a movie I want to see.

But for fuck’s sake man, get a name that doesn’t sound like a gay dog breed.

Scatt
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Its the name that bugs me….

Exactly! Now, I’ll take Rob’s word that he’s a good, down to earth actor, but like I said before, I didn’t even know the guy’s face OR gender, but the over-saturation of the name (and the name itself) made me want to strangle something smaller and weaker than myself.

rob wrote:
    IMDB is your friend — humble beginnings…

I know, but that was the problem! I had to remember what movies everyone’s been talking about lately and look him up that way. I kept looking for “Shila Boof” and things like that, because I didn’t know the proper name, just how it’s pronounced.

Eventually I’ll see a movie with him in it and I’ll probably say that he’s cool.

Hey, has anyone here seen Garden State? I had a friend who was contesting that he identified with the movie and character in a huge way, but when I saw the movie finally, not only did I disagree he was like the character in every way, but I hated the whole damn movie.

rob
    Participant

For me, I felt that there was a bit of a generation gap between me and the group in Zach Braff’s group. I liked it okay, but it isn’t the end-all be-all thing a lot of people have said…

Good point about the way the name is pronounced or spelt — it is weird, but I like him a lot.

Scatt
    Participant

The problem I had with the movie was more geared towards the psychologies behind the characters. I can’t get my mindset on that particular level. A great example was the relationship he had with his father and how it affected him. Without disecting it for five paragraphs on the spot, I’ll just say this; I hate that “seeking justified acknowledgement from an estranged parent/relative” shit.

Bing
    Participant

Garden State

I really, really tried to sit through this….watched it ’cause I love Scrubs….Zach Braf may be the perfect J.D. on Scrubs but I submit that the guy may not have the broad range and appeal Hollywood and himself wish he had….

Garden State is not a movie I want to sit through again…..and this from the guy that last night watched “Black Hole” a ridiculous made for TV movie on Sci-Fi just because Kristy Swanson was in it…..’cause she makes me feel all funny and special in my pants.

That is as special and happy in the pants as you can be when your wife is sitting there repeating “What is it about her that is so special…she’s not even that pretty…where are her boobs?…..she looks like my co-worker Sashamucky….

Its possible I have that co-workers name wrong…I was trying to not listen.

Scatt
    Participant

I do not agree with your wife…

…I really don’t agree with her.

…in case it’s unclear; I used to have it big for Kristy Swanson. Yeeeeeauh boy! Wooo!

Bing
    Participant

See this is what I’m sayin….how can you not love the Swanson..it takes a special kind of guy to appreciate eyebrows like that.

and please Mr. Captain do not spout forth the hatespeak about dear little Kristy…let us have just this one unspoiled by your babe-bashing blubbering bonanza…

otherwise I may have to cry and give Rusty your home phone ###

oh and NBLIANGW

Scatt
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    it takes a special kind of guy to appreciate eyebrows like that.

Holy shit, me and Bing like the same things. Watch out ladies.

But, I can definitely get behind not liking a woman because of personality, I’ve had beautiful bitches turn into ugly skanks right before my eyes, just by observing and realizing they’re douchebags. That and I’ve seen a heightened level of attraction occur in less attractive or older women that I wouldn’t normally ever look at in such a way, simply because they’ve shown themselves to be super-cool people. So I could see reading one-too-many articles where you’re like, “This bitch is retarded”.

Actually, I do that with most scandal rag celebrities these days. There aren’t many celebrities to gawk at lately. Just my perspective.

Bucho
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    See this is what I’m sayin….how can you not love the Swanson..it takes a special kind of guy to appreciate eyebrows like that.

I’ll buy that, she has levels of tastiness I certainly won’t deny. But I’ll see your Swanson and raise you a Jennifer Connolly. Or am I barking up the wrong eyebrows?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

Well….two different appeals in my opinion….

Jennifer once had a bodacious bosom, but now she looks like they have shrunken with time…..damn shame that.

of course sometimes Swanson looks like she ate one too many of her namesakes dinners….but hey, nobody’s perfect right?

But yeah, Connolly is still hot, but she used to be hotter.

Bucho
    Participant

Fair enough me old cobber, but I thought she was still smoking in Blood Diamond.

I get the point Scatt is making though, I didn’t know who the hell Paris Hilton was a few years ago but her name was inescapable as a pop culture reference once her home movie came out. Turned out she’s still a waste of air but Shia’s been solid every time I’ve seen him.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Scatt
    Participant

Funny you mention that, Bucho. I saw Zoolander again for the first time since it came out and there’s a part in there where he’s walking through a hallway and Paris Hilton is in it. I reminded myself that this movie was from 2001 and it floored me. It made me sick how long this woman has been infected into our lives by way of media.

Scatt
    Participant

Hey, you know who else has “Shia Leboof syndrome”? This Amy Winehouse bitch. I’ve NEVER heard of her before about a month ago, now it’s , “Did you hear that Amy Winehouse is doing the crackrock?”, “Oh, she’s such a mess, but boy can she sing”. Who the fuck is she?! Has she really been around so long? This bitch came right out of the ether. Just like that. One day; an Amy-Winehouse-less world — the very next second — OOooooh! Let’s all care that this woman is killing herself. She’s “Craaaaazy!” Woooo!! Die.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.