:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

What is switched on worth to you?

• Comments Off on What is switched on worth to you?

What is switched on worth to you?

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge What is switched on worth to you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    John from Boston
    Participant

Besides Switched on, the only other podcast I listen to is Distorted view (if you dont know it, its a super twisted, super NSFW daily podcast) Well a few months ago, Tim form DV started a members section, for 5 bucks a month, you would have access to archived shows (normal members only get like, the past month’s worth), extended shows, exclusive weekend shows, and all kinds of extra audio and video stuff. It seems to be working for him, he quit is job and is working just on the podcast.

If Switched on was going to do something like this, whould you do it? How much would you pay (lets say, per month)? Maybe the free side got a shorter show, like a Switched on Light version of the show, while the paying listeners got the whole show, plus extras and all that?

For me, if I knew I’d have a show every week, I’d probably pay 20$ a month to keep SoS alive.

What about all’a y’all?

Bucho
    Participant

I think at least 20 a month for that but I doubt the weekly show is workable anymore for the boys living so spread out and editting would only put more stress into Bryan’s already overstretched schedule. Since we’re in the bargaining stage of grief here I thought about this too and it seems like if the show were to stay on in any way it would have to be more spread out, like every three or four weeks so it’s not a pain in the ass for the boys to get together as much. With that comes the chance that they’ll lose listeners (not us hardcore vagrants but the more casual fans) so it all has to be balanced out. It also means (hopefully) us fans would do more to contribute to the show.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Newman
    Participant

Agreed, $20 for a month worth of content would be very reasonable.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think a pay model will crash for us though. I know plenty of the ‘core’ listeners would do whatever they could to keep this going… but the numbers would not be high enough to keep this going. Even if we did a weekly show by the exact numbers.

Still… It’s nice to see this kind of compliment and dedication. I think Jerry (and probably Rob too) is just blown away by how much request for ongoing or archive content there has been.

John from Boston
    Participant

Have you thought about doing a skype show, meaning your each at your hom computer, but all talking together with skype. Wouldnt be the best sound quality really, but something to consider.

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Hell, People pay $45 or so for 3 months of mindless blather by getting Sirus or XM.

Since I started listening to Switched:On many many months ago I actually looked at my dash, saw that I hadn’t even powered on my XM unit for 3 months, called and cancelled my subscription.

I would pay that money to the SOS.

And by the way, I finished my 5th listen through. Damn bittersweet though.

It’s hard to think that the 3 voices in my head will be silenced.

What about a skype show? I would pay for that.

John from Boston
    Participant

I feel like theres so many possibilities that dont involve the compleate and total ending of everything related to switched on. Dont you think there is some middle ground?

yoda1.gif
    Hard to see, the future is…

rob
    Participant

I have been surprised at the response, especially from those that don’t usually participate. I mean, I knew you guys didn’t want us to quit…

Version3
    Keymaster

The Skype call thing would not be that funny believe it or not. Besides the fact that there would likely be technical problems all of the time, there is a lot of funny, and funny mood setting that just works when we are in the same space.

Bucho
    Participant

You drive a hard bargain Mr Castles. Ok 21, but that’s my final offer.

Bucho
    Participant

Frank
    Participant

Bucho said he’s willing to go up to at least 25 dollars and a regular box of kiwis whenever you guys get a hankering for that sort of thing.

Bing
    Participant

I ain’t paying one damn cent until I see some naked whore dog pics!!!

How much would I pay per month for SOS….?

I would buy the $50 package which would have drum rolls after every joke, no lunch shows, and no voicemails from people stealing my name….and naked Roxie pics

rob
    Participant

I was thinking about this today — we would have to have 625 paying customers a month at $20 a year for us to quit our jobs. That would be $50,000 a year for all of us (I figure we would need a bit more since we wouldn’t have insurance). I think that there’s maybe, oh, 25 people that would pay. Heheh…that’d be awesome, though. I suppose we could have ads on the site, but damn, dude — that’s not why you guys come here.

Something else — Bryan makes more than that, so man I don’t know.

John from Boston
    Participant

Well two things (three if your lucky).
    Firstly, we said we’d pay 20$ a month, now thats probably a high estimate, but even $5 a month comes out to over double $25 a year (Tim from DV does $5 a month or $50 a year, “Thats like getting two months free! *TING*”)

Secondly, do you really need enough to be able to quit your job? cant you think of it more like a part time job? You guys said you’d need 100,000 a year to continue it, but after few minutes, you talked yourselves down to like 3,000 a year (I remember you saying 250$ a month).

How many hours a week would you say, on average, the show takes up a week each?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.