:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

we need a new copernicus

• Comments Off on we need a new copernicus

we need a new copernicus

Latest Replies Forums The Lo Dimension we need a new copernicus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

copernicus was the dude that said the sun was the center of the solar system – going against the aristotle/ptolemy ideas that the earth was the center.

i bring this up because of this article.

if you look at this from a purely scientific point of view, i find this article arrogant, egocentric and full of human conceit. i’ve read articles like this my entire life and it just strikes me as ridiculous.

[LarkRant]

4, IV, 0100, four

same idea, different ways of expression. my dad would probably say ‘you put a zero in front of the hundred’ and he would be correct.

a doctor sees IV and thinks he needs to stick a needle in my arm or make me drink 4 oz. of liquid.

1+3=4
    2*2=4
    12÷3=4
    5-1=4

•we are the first
    •no other views permitted because no other views possible
    •if we can’t detect it, it can’t exist
    •advanced intelligence doesn’t exist because we can’t detect it.
    •we use radio communication and have thrown out a couple of probes, therefore we are intelligent. surely we have been detected by now?
    •we are intelligent and interesting. advanced intelligence would want contact to see what kind of weapons we can use on them and if they can withstand such attacks.

[/LarkRant]

i know i’ve digressed off the deep end i am just utterly amazed at the absurdity of articles like this. is it just me or has science fiction been slowly creeping into legitimate science?

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

I always enjoy the prospect that any scientist assumes they can draw a conclusive theory based on what we ‘know’ about the universe, when our limited capacity to exist, understand and affect the universe in any significant way says that all theories should be based on exactly the opposite -what we don’t know.

The secret to life existing elsewhere (in our terms anyway) isn’t trying to understand why we can’t see it, detect it, or why we don’t interest us; it’s accepting that it’s a statistical certainty, and will likely not affect any tomorrow we have. As a species, and the self-proclaimed masters of our miniscule home, we continue to discover new ways to detect life, variances of life and other species on the planet we’ve already been inhabiting for the whole or our known existence. We assume life elsewhere would have followed a similar model of technological maturity, or even the same model of existence we’ve been subject to.

I find it hilarious that we know that any civilization’s beliefs, discoveries, realizations and accomplishments are directly affected by it’s environments, existing knowledge and experience and level of technology, yet we refuse to assume the same (without boundaries) of any distant intelligence. Who says they are all born of protein strings? Who says that matter is the only state of energy capable of consciousness? We know that the 2D universe is a part of the 3D universe, and we only have proof that life exists in our universe. Who says that some variance of life doesn’t exist in the 2D universe? Who says that other life would exist in the same state of matter, same state of energy, same plane of existence, or same dimension that we do. It could still occupy the same space, and not be aware of us, or us of it if we let go of our definition of existence, and our assumptions about being aware of others.

This hasn’t even introduced the model of scale. It’s equally possible due to the reoccurring models that exist in nature, that life exists outside of instrumentation because we are looking for it to exist in a scale that we currently comprehend. It has to be near our size, or near our place in time. What if other life in the universe is more similar to what we become when we decompose? What if there is both a collective and individual consciousness?

I go one crazy one… What if humanity is actually one piece of the other intelligent life in the universe? What if our chaotic little behavior, ego-centric line of thinking and so-called advancement is only to produce a given by product that we aren’t aware of, and we function as part of a cell, organ of system for a larger form of life. The Universe could actually be a single entity on an entirely different scale of life, and because of our model of intelligent life and existence, we are just too stupid, and too self-centered to imagine it.

I have a crazy story idea.

Version3
    Keymaster

On a semi-related note, I still maintain that something obvious and elusive like “perspective” holds the key to the next dimension of existence, partly because although I do believe time likely fits the universe’s circular model, I assume that we’ve just missed the point entirely with time, and it’s more likely that perspective is the measure of something larger, because perspective is in face what defines us. Time is a unit we use to measure something that currently exists in our dimension. We define the 3 dimensions of space, and give them words, but you wouldn’t say ‘distance’ is the measure of the third dimension, right? Properties of distance serve as our way to measure and define the space of a 3 dimensional universe. So time itself can’t be the 4th dimension, as we’ve not defined any properties to prove it exists. What if however, time is a measure of perception, point of view or perspective? One never really knows.

Larkitect
    Participant

you just blew my mind dude (actually you just re-blew it, because now i remember you saying something about this on a show). i’ve always believed time is a function of perception and not an actual dimension. even from just a common sense point of view, it just doesn’t jive.

your posts were very refreshing. i love to ‘what if’ stuff like this and you’ve got some very interesting ideas.

Version3
    Keymaster

After posting, I mentioned some of this to a co-worker that I consider to be a fairly smart guy… I still got a very breathy “hhhhhuuuuuuhhhh?” out of him. Sheep.

Larkitect
    Participant

reminds me of an old joke.

a man asks the question “what’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?”

to which a second man replies “i don’t know and i don’t care.”

Bing
    Participant

This discussion is like Church to me. Kudos boys, Kudos.

And the REAL reason we haven’t been detected (as they say)?
    …we’re not interesting enough….yet

And why we haven’t detected anything? We just started looking.

Believe this, the first real alien that lands and doesn’t drain a cow of blood or make a crop circle or kidnap and fuck some loner in Wisconsin will likely be the greatest story in human history and I will have many questions. Among the first would be can I please have a retarded midget friend? PLEASE!!!!

Larkitect
    Participant

i have a strange feeling that will be your second question.

i’m pretty sure the first thing you ask them will be “are you guys sexually compatible with humans?”

in the interest of science of course. 🙂

Bucho
    Participant

Time is definitely a tricky thing to deal with. I remember once I was sent back to the fifties and my own mother started falling in love with me and my hand started disappearing while I played the guitar. Embarrasing. But sexy.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bucho 41785 wrote:

Time is definitely a tricky thing to deal with. I remember once I was sent back to the fifties and my own mother started falling in love with me and my hand started disappearing while I played the guitar. Embarrasing. But sexy.

i think they even made a movie about it.

butthead.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, Desperado. They changed some of the finer details but essentially it’s the same.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.