:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Wall•E – miniReview

• Comments Off on Wall•E – miniReview

Wall•E – miniReview

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Wall•E – miniReview

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

wall-e-tsrposter-big.jpg

Let me just start by getting right to how this looks. This is by far the best looking Pixar movie. It’s definitely got parts where the animation falls back to supporting and not the point of focus, but holy crap Wall•E looks awesome! The metal, the detail… incredible models and stuff.

In my opinion, this is not Pixar’s best movie, but then Pixar flix are on their own scale (at least for me). I’d say it’s up there, probably right in the middle somewhere. Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc are all better movies, only Finding Nemo looks nearly as good (though the Sully hair was always impressive on Mi) -but I think I graded on a curve because the subject of robots eliminates the dialogue that would be needed to even out some of the pacing and put this at the top of the Pixar list. It’s okay though, because it is what it is.

It’s a great little story, pokes fun as always, has enough story to get into without getting deep off into it. This time, instead of drawing lots of parallels to humanity as in the other films, Wall•E deals with humanity directly… and it’s a great take on where we are headed. The voice everyone looks for is definitely there, there is a voice or two that I was surprised to find in there and other than that the Pixar similarities were isolated to the story telling style and the overall look.

Great film, it will appeal less to the littlest of the little ones, probably won’t merch as well as they want, but you should absolutely go hand over your $10 + concessions if you need them and see this in a good theater. Don’t skip the DLP or digital screen either, the extra quality will really show.

El Rustirino
    Participant

aaaah god I loved it so much

Seriously I could go on about how great it is (like that faggot bryan) but seriously just go see it

Bing
    Participant

How long is it?

rob
    Participant

An hour and 37 minutes. I loved it. It’s just one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time.

rob
    Participant

I might add that immediately after it was over I wanted to watch it again. I honestly think it’s my favorite Pixar movie to date. And the short before it, Presto, I think that was the name, was frickin’ hilarious.

Edit: I just realized that Bryan puts it somewhere in the middle of the Pixar bunch. Eh, we all have our own tastes. I think I’ll always fall for the lonely hero bit, since I spent most of my childhood lonely. ::tear::

El Rustirino
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    I might add that immediately after it was over I wanted to watch it again. I honestly think it’s my favorite Pixar movie to date. And the short before it, Presto, I think that was the name, was frickin’ hilarious.

That’s exactly how I feel right now. I really want to see it again.

And yeah, Presto was great.

Version3
    Keymaster

Remember Rob, I didn’t put it in the middle for my personal tastes, I rated it in the middle. There is a difference. I think it’s right up there, I need to see what it’s rewatch value is before I make it #1 Pixar flick. I think it falls in the middle, because it doesn’t appeal to the little, little ones quite like some of the others do, and I did feel a little slow down once or twice in terms of pacing. Something I don’t feel with say… Monsters Inc.

I love the movie though, I was just ‘rating’ it above.

That short before the movie is by far their best short yet.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, April’s nuts over that. There’s a “teaser” for the short on YouTube, and when we got home, she watched it like 5 times.

Bucho
    Participant

18 September this comes out in NZ. Two more frikken months. Theoretically I could see it sooner but not on a ginormous screen with ginormous speakers.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

It’d be definitely worth the wait.

By the way, “Presto” is now available on iTunes, if you didn’t know.

Version3
    Keymaster

It is? Brilliant. I’ll go get it ASAP. 🙂

Octavious
    Participant

Are you referring to the Rush album?

rob
    Participant

Presto? No, the short before Wall-E.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Edit: I just realized that Bryan puts it somewhere in the middle of the Pixar bunch. Eh, we all have our own tastes.

The Captain tends to be a bit salty, while Rob tends to be more sweet, with a hint of nuts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.