:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Venting for venting’s sake (A tale of woe at the movies)

• Comments Off on Venting for venting’s sake (A tale of woe at the movies)

Venting for venting’s sake (A tale of woe at the movies)

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Venting for venting’s sake (A tale of woe at the movies)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

So, I bought a ticket on Monday for the midnight showing of X-Men 3. The ticket, as well as the Internet ad and ad in the newspaper, said that it was going to start at 12:01 a.m. Thursday. Now, for most reasonably rational people, 12:01 a.m. Thursday means the day after Wednesday (IE: 11:59 p.m. is Wednesday, 12:00 a.m. is technically Thursday and 12:01 a.m. is most definitely Thursday). But I digress …

I’m excited because I’ve been looking forward to seeing this movie. I usually work late at night, and I managed to get off so I could go to the movie. Everything was set …

I get to the theater and the snippy, little, scrawnly 17-year-old girl behind the counter is giving me an ugly look. I’m not the handsomest of men, so I figured everything was status quo. I walk up to the counter and she looks at me with an expression of “what are you doing here?”

“I’m here for the movie.”

“What movie are you talking about?”

“X-Men 3. I have a ticket.”

Then I realized why they put glass up at the counter … that being so you couldn’t reach through and strangle the person behind the counter.

“Uh, that’s tomorrow night.”

I explained to her that my ticket said 12:01 a.m. Thursday. She didn’t get it. I told her the Internet ad and the newspaper said that it was a midnight showing on Thursday. She was clueless. I even pleaded with her that I had managed to get the night off so I could see this movie. She gave me a look as if to say, “Why are you still here?” I asked to see the manager, she said everyone had gone home for the night, they were closed and I’d have to come back tomorrow. How about a refund? Nope, you’ll have to come back tomorrow.

Am I completely in the wrong here? Should I not be pissed? Why is it in our society the imbeciles have way too much control and authority? ARGH! Okay, sorry that was so long. Just needed to vent. Love the show.

So, that’s about all I’ve got.

Yep..

Bing
    Participant

Was anybody naked in the movie?

…like Rob maybe?……he really should be President

ROSS
    Participant

No Frank, you’re not in the wrong, I tell you if I was in your position, glass or no glass I’d have probably been driven so irate that I would have strangled the person anyway!

Jor-El
    Participant

Force choke.

I like titties.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m with Jerry and Ross on this one. Yeah, if I’d seen that ad, I’d probably have been very suspicious and asked a lot of questions before buying… BUT, the tickets, the ad and everything were put together by a fucking moron, so I’d raise hell.

But then, raising hell is kinda like a signature move for me.

Glad to have your here Frank! Great VM you left, listen for it on the show.

rob
    Participant

I do have an explanation, sorta. When they do their tickets like that for a Midnight show, it’s always listed as the day before, and the reason is because their computer system hasn’t been (or will not have been) closed out for the day yet. So, a midnight show for Friday morning, 12:01 am, will still say Thursday on it. Make sense? Shit, I don’t know, I’m just talking out of my ass. I just know that similar things happened at Blockbuster after midnight and before a store close.

According to international law, theater owners are not legally allowed to show movies before 12:01 am on the release date due to MPAA regulations, statute 12.2.4. Any theater owner violating said statute will be ridiculed, persecuted, fined, stoned, hanged, then boiled.

Man, I’m in a weird mood today.

Version3
    Keymaster

No, you’re just weird my friend. A weird fucker that ‘not gay’. -whatever that means. 😛

Newman
    Participant

I’m gonna check and see what my StarWars EP3 stub says.

Pa-ul
    Participant

I’d personally do an Arnie on her.

Look around the booth, look at her, lean into the window and tell her “I’ll be back”.

Next thing she’ll see is the headlights hurtling toward her. 🙂

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Frank
    Participant

Dammit, Rob. If you’re going to bring rational thought and reason into an otherwise unstructured rant, well, that just takes all the fun out of it.

Of note: I called the manager today (after reading Rob’s post) and it turns out that was the case. Told me he could “hook a brother up” (I swear he said that, and he was a white guy!) and give me a few movie passes.

How you get to be a manager somewhere before finishing your senior year of high school is beyond me.

Version3
    Keymaster

He probably said “I’d deep throat a Pickle” to someone in charge and BAM! He’s a manager.

Hey Rob, why didn’t you get that promotion again? -kidding.

Newman
    Participant

So after finding my very faded midnight SW EP3 ticket stub its clearly said May 19 12:00am.

So clearly this guy fucked up…with all the ads and shit…hey it got ya a few free passes didnt it? But I’ll bet they’ll be jewish and say, “No movie passes for this amazing flick.”….as thats how it always goes eh’?

Version3
    Keymaster

Those “No Passes” things typically only apply to third party passes. If it’s a theater credit type pass, it’s normally good for anything but advanced screenings.

Newman
    Participant

Oh so thats how those things work.

Bucho
    Participant

Good post Frank, I feel your pain. It sucks badly when you do everything right and end up in that helpless sort of situation. That’s why I carry a taser.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.