:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

VEE-HAY-CULS

• Comments Off on VEE-HAY-CULS

VEE-HAY-CULS

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder VEE-HAY-CULS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    salad
    Participant

Anyone else a car freak around here??? I bet Bryan is… but I only hear VW banter from him…

Version3
    Keymaster

That’s really only because it’s all that comes up on the show. There are a lot of other cars that I like to talk a lot about. I’m surprised I don’t talk more about my WRX quite honestly.

Scatt
    Participant

I’m not a car freak; enthusiast; donkey; critter; etc. My current car is a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix that I pay way too much for for not being into it.

salad
    Participant

WRX… that’s hella nice… you got anything done to it? or is it just a stock daily driver?

Version3
    Keymaster

Cobb stage II, 93 octane map for a base and a pro-tune. It can run. πŸ˜€

salad
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Cobb stage II, 93 octane map for a base and a pro-tune. It can run. πŸ˜€

well well… indeed… i bet it can… sounds nice… year and color?

by the way? are you one of them muscle car lovers?

BSherrod
    Participant

Car freak (sheepishly raises hand), more like my addiction. I’m actually about to start on my next project soon, a Turbo drag radial Mustang thats gonna kicks some serious ass and hopefully run in the 5.00’s or 4.90’s in the 1/8th and high 7’s in the quarter.

Version3
    Keymaster

Mine is an ’04, Blue… what else. I really want a silver one though.

I like particular muscle cars only, I’m not a blanket muscle car guy. That’s Brandon (above)… he really IS a muscle car guy.

Fucking hell you guys, I saw my dream car yesterday… a 1987 Grand National, painted the perfect shade of Orange. πŸ™‚

salad
    Participant

mmm niiiice… i like them subbies in blue and black dunno why you’d want silver… =P

muscle cars… I like less than 10… I just think american cars are pieces of rhino dung… some they have good body designs but thats where the ‘good’ ends… bad interior design… unreliable…bad construction… I’m more of a japanese-european car kinda guy… to give you an idea… I think the Nissan Skyline GT-R (the R32 to R34 days) is the best car ever concieved by man-kind… and the Porsche 959 is it’s daddy… turbo and all-wheel drive = the ultimate machine bebeh!!! 😈

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, the standards of the “muscle-car” era were quite different for US automakers… they built damn good cars for a long time, they just built too many brute force machines. I think the Skyline was a major achievement, but I think it’s popularity in the tuning universe makes up for it’s other shortcomings… I don’t think it’s a terribly stylish car.

The 959 was a design, technilogical and mechanical wonder…. too bad they were too expensive to be more common, and if you want to talk about a problematic car…

rhino dung would best describe the coffee-can outlet pissed-off mutli-winged insects that people attempt to call cars these days. Modding without purpose, just for the sake of modding is proof that stupid people shouldn’t breathe.

salad
    Participant

Well… quite honestly I can’t talk much about experiences with the Skyline… because you know… I’ve never driven one… and have only seen one in my entire life… and it wasn’t even a GT-R… but I stand by what I said… best car ever made…

One of the problems with the muscle car era is that excess of “brute force machines” you mentioned… I mean… a gazillion HP 20,000 liter V-8 doesn’t make a good car… granted I love some of the things that came out of it… why?… I don’t know… the 66 Mustang used to be my favorite car as a kid… the old Challengers, Chargers, ‘Cudas, GTOs, Camaros, ‘vettes I liked and still like a lot… maybe I’m just dissapointed because all that comes out of Detroit these days are trucks, SUVs and Mini-vans… (new Charger and GTO, no thank you… I’ll give ’em the newer Corvettes and the new SHelby GT 500…that shit is kick ass) And to top it all off… said cars have huuuge design flaws… for example… have you seen the Dodge Caliber? Try fitting cargo through the trunk… I mean… such a basic thing… sure you have room for an avarage sized fridge in there… but you can’t get an average sized fridge through the door… just another case of bad american engineering…

BSherrod
    Participant

I have seriously thought about trying to import an R33 because you can do it on the cheap if you get the used car place to disasemble it as much as possible, ship it, build it againg, and register it as a kit car. That would be so cool.

salad
    Participant
    BSherrod wrote:
    I have seriously thought about trying to import an R33 because you can do it on the cheap if you get the used car place to disasemble it as much as possible, ship it, build it againg, and register it as a kit car. That would be so cool.

Well… I’ve considered that… (assuming I get the money some day…)… but I think it’d just be easier to import one that’s already legally registered in the states… it’d probablly be more expensive but I’d avoid a the hassle of registering it here… which is a pain… I saw a purple (or whatever Nissan calls it) R33 GTS-T here once… (I called like 5 people screaming like a retard…) and it had the normal licence plate an everything… so I guess it can be done…

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Orlando wrote:
    I think the Nissan Skyline GT-R (the R32 to R34 days) is the best car ever concieved by man-kind

I’ve seen, and been in an R34 (with the owners permission, and the owner)…….Holy shit, floor the accelerator and it’s natures best laxative.

The guy who owned it ran a garage, so he managed to get his hands on some serious stuff. It was loaded with Nismo race stuff and the rolling road showed that the car developed about 983Bhp from a standing start 😯

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

salad
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Orlando wrote:
    I think the Nissan Skyline GT-R (the R32 to R34 days) is the best car ever concieved by man-kind

I’ve seen, and been in an R34 (with the owners permission, and the owner)…….Holy shit, floor the accelerator and it’s natures best laxative.

The guy who owned it ran a garage, so he managed to get his hands on some serious stuff. It was loaded with Nismo race stuff and the rolling road showed that the car developed about 983Bhp from a standing start 😯

*turns green with envy*

damn… yea that’s what my dream would be… go to japan and buy an R-34 and have the guys at Signal Auto do all the tuning for me… a 700bhp+ daily driver… realistically… I’ll just have to get the money for an R-32 or R-33 and start building it here myself with some nissan tuners… people here mostly work old 240s and 300s but i guess it’s better that nothing…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.