:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Updates Abound

• Comments Off on Updates Abound

Updates Abound

Latest Replies Forums Announcements Updates Abound

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

We’ve done a little bit of updating everywhere recently. In an effort to force the world to remember the hundreds of hours of funny available on this server even as we [speak], we’ve been working hard at breathing a bit of life back into various aspects of switched:ON.

Shirts
    You probably know about these, but do you know someone that used to listen that doesn’t? Slap a post-in note on their forehead and tell them to come back to the site and buy some shit to show off.

Speaking of shirts… Gear Page
    We also updated the gear page to reflect what we’ve actually got, and make a little room for anything we might want to add in the future. So when you tell people to come buy you that Paw-Paw shirt for your birthday, you don’t have to give them some cryptic URL to the board thread, just point them at the gear page!

Front Page
    What would changes be without talking about them on the front page. Yes this site does have an actual front page. Anyway, we mention all of the shitz on there too.

MySpace
    The recent time has been spent on the show MySpace page. The thing still seems to get a great deal of traffic, but looked like ass… so we fixed it. Complete now with a snazzy new look, non-MySpace-y type features (like that Spam-enabling comments section) and a cool new Flash player that not only has the last 30 or so shows loaded into it, but also pulls show artwork directly from the gallery. Cool! Anyway, if you are a social networking addict, be sure you add SOS to your friends if you have not already. Then, when you are trying to kill time at work by appearing to be working, go refer everyone in your friends to the SOS MySpace page. They could probably use a laugh.

http://www.myspace.com/switchedonshow

That’s it for this round kiddies..

Frank
    Participant

Question: Would any changes be slowing down the board? Maybe it’s just me but it seems like the message board the past couple of days has been ASS slow.

Could just be me, though.

Version3
    Keymaster

Nope, it was doing this before I started the changes. The slow has been for the last 2 weeks. Quite honestly, I’m not making a ruckus with GoDaddy about it, because I accidentally missed my domain renewal last month. So now, instead of costing me like 9 dollars or whatever, it’s going to be about $85. So, I have to wait until tomorrow or Friday. What does that mean? Well, technically, this could all suspend any moment now until I send that over (domain expiration)… so I don’t want to call over there rocking the boat, ya know?

But, this server has always done this, I have to make them restart services about once every 2 months or so.. there is probably 400 or more domains on there, because GoDaddy is low grade hosting.

Octavious
    Participant

Sweet MySpace page!

thx_1227
    Participant

Ditto, good stuff.

Frank
    Participant

You have 537 friends?!!?!?! Wow! Where are they and why won’t the post on the board? Bing scares them off, doesn’t he?

digitaltopia
    Participant

It’s all that mistletoe he keeps wearing on his waistband.

Bing
    Participant

I like the way it scratches my man parts

Frank
    Participant
    Bing wrote:

Nice to know you have feeling back down there again. Kudos, sir.

Aura of hate
    Participant
    Bing wrote:

Masochist Bing, now with self lubing butt plug and free barbed wire cat-o-nine tails! 😆

All the same the forum and site in general is working good for me, not slow a bit. I am not running a 7mbs connection or any thing just a wimpy 512k so it may be skewed for me.

thx_1227
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Speaking of shirts… Gear Page
    We also updated the gear page to reflect what we’ve actually got, and make a little room for anything we might want to add in the future. So when you tell people to come buy you that Paw-Paw shirt for your birthday, you don’t have to give them some cryptic URL to the board thread, just point them at the gear page!

I’m not sure if this was intentional, but it is on the gear page:

Quote:
    You get cant to the store directly in the future at
    http://www.printfection.com/switchedon
    Version3
    Keymaster

I’m just a retard. Thanks for that.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Love the MySpace page, even though I hate myspace.

I hope this slew of updates will make the chance of a new show a more plausible one.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Question: Would any changes be slowing down the board? Maybe it’s just me but it seems like the message board the past couple of days has been ASS slow.

Could just be me, though.

This is the first time I’ve been able to get on here.

I thought it may just see that I’m from Ingerland, and do a digital moon at me.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

digitaltopia
    Participant

It wasn’t your fault. It was The Mighty Boosh’s fault. Which caused the website to raise a querying eyebrow in your direction and hence quibble over the allowance of your connection. Ever so sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.