:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Ultimate Matrix Collection coming to Blu-Ray

• Comments Off on Ultimate Matrix Collection coming to Blu-Ray

Ultimate Matrix Collection coming to Blu-Ray

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Ultimate Matrix Collection coming to Blu-Ray

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Newman
    Participant

http://gizmodo.com/5030577/ultimate-matrix-collection-on-blu+ray-october-14

Looks like they aren’t including the Neo statue in this one. If I didn’t already own the same collection on DVD and owned a Blu-Ray player I’d probably bite this..

Version3
    Keymaster

Eh, I just wouldn’t watch any of the extras at this point. It was exciting to watch a lot of the extras surrounding the first movie, but after that I just stopped caring much. Probably got worse when the second movie came out and fell so far short of the first movie. I still haven’t seen anything that makes me want to start the switch to BluRay. I only have a 720p tele in the living room (the 1080i is in Derryk’s room for games) and I MUCH prefer all of my movies in one spot (Mac Mini) to better quality. Most of a movie’s rewatch value is content, not resolution or sharpness anyway, right?

rob
    Participant

Honestly, from my experience, most people that own hi-def displays will be fine with an upconverting DVD player. It’s just the truth. And with online movies (rental and purchase) making strides, it’s kinda hard to argue that convenience is a factor, as well as price (the cheapest player is $299, and the movies are more expensive).

Since I’m a movie dork, watching Blu-Ray movies really is a joy, especially when you’re watching movies like Ratatouille. It just looks amazing. And I have to say, I’m really looking forward to Iron Man, Wall-E, and the Dark Knight on Blu. But you’re right, Bryan, content is king.

I think that watching the Matrix movies in hi-def is definitely tempting, but I already have the Ultimate DVD set, too, and it’s hard to go back and rebuy some of the old DVDs I have when I haven’t watched them in a while, too. New movies, it’s easy — spend $5 or $10 more, and get the highest quality available, but catalog titles, it’s much harder to justify.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think that as more of the Wall-E and such movies come out; where the visuals just beg for the higher res, I’ll be tempted to look for one on sale. but for now, I don’t care much. That said, my Mini can do high-def. So I’d still be tempted to rip Rob’s movies and go from there. 😀

rob
    Participant

And, Blu-Ray players are supposed to get below $100 by Christmas. That’ll help.

And you know what annoys me? Places that sell hi-def TVs, like Circuit City or Best Buy, that show off these displays showing DVDs in the wrong fucking aspect ratio. That just annoys the fuck out of me.

thx_1227
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    And, Blu-Ray players are supposed to get below $100 by Christmas. That’ll help.

And you know what annoys me? Places that sell hi-def TVs, like Circuit City or Best Buy, that show off these displays showing DVDs in the wrong fucking aspect ratio. That just annoys the fuck out of me.

AMEN. Wrong aspect ratios are a pet peeve of mine anyway…

Version3
    Keymaster

YES. That is why digital cable sucks so fucking bad. None of the providers manage to provide anything but their HD channels in any aspect ratio other than 4:3. I know satellite has this problem with TBS and such, but there are far more content channels (like many of Discovery Channels properties) that are provided in widscreen format. Cable providers just throw it in the bucket and don’t worry about it. I hate subscription broadcast providers, they are all so sub-par. One day the internet will actually be fast… then we’ll see.

rob
    Participant

I’m not even getting into a widescreen movie that is cropped, that’s just horrible, I’m more talking about a 16:9 movie that’s squished top to bottom because the stupid bastards have the DVD player set to 4:3 instead of 16:9.

But yeah, you guys, it just gives me the shits.

Version3
    Keymaster
    rob wrote:
    But yeah, you guys give me the shits.

Huh? Rob, peyote and computers may not be the best combo for you. Just an observation.

Bucho
    Participant

I can’t watch films in cropped 4:3 either, it just looks rude. The squashing thing when the settings are wrong is even worse, where everyone and everything looks tall and skinny.

Twice, when I’ve showed people how to set their TVs to 16:9 and get it right they’ve had a watch and then told me they prefer the 4:3 erroneous version because it means the whole screen is full up!!?!!

I love both those people (both women – coincidence?) but that just made me respect them a little less.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.