:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

TV Shows You’re Watching…

• Comments Off on TV Shows You’re Watching…

TV Shows You’re Watching…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder TV Shows You’re Watching…

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

Succession. It’s “Scheming PowerFather With Two Scheming Sons and One Scheming Daughter” – kind of like The Lannisters or Arrested Development or The Righteous Gemstones.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

Just watched the trailer for Future Man… yeah, I’m in; that looks like gobs of fun.

I miss Future Man. I miss its scent. I miss its musk. I miss Wolf’s love of cooking.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Bucho.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s funny; I started it, got to maybe the second episode and got super busy so I haven’t been back. I need to though. It made me laugh from my belly and lungs via my mouth.

I’m currently all about Foundation on Apple TV+. Great show. Finale comes out tomorrow.

Also watching Sex Education Season 3, trying to get back into Goliath in season 3, are watching Dexter New Blood as it releases and counting the seconds until each Yellowstone episode comes out.

Bucho
    Participant

Oooohhh, Yellowstone … I always liked Costner and checked out ep 1 a while ago, and liked it, but I was already watching too many things so I put it on my To Watch list – I may get onto it after this season of Succession. I watched the first 2 or 3 eps of Sex Education a while back and it didn’t really grab me, but I can’t remember why now. I think it was because I was hoping I’d be as charmed by it as I was by Derry Girls, and that’s hardly a fair way to approach a show.

Along with Succession I’m FINALLY going through The Wire (just started S2) after hearing for years about how it’s the greatest TV show of all time. Also, going through the latest seasons of What We Do In The Shadows and Insecure and the first season of Reservation Dogs. I also just half-binged Cowboy Bebop (kind of clunky, but not without its charms).

Ol’ Ben
    Participant

I haven’t watched TV in years, but we got Disney+ to share with my mother in law, and we started watching X-Files. Nearly at Season 4 after a couple months. Quite a good show but the rollercoaster of good, bad, okay, amazing, mediocre writing is sometimes a challenge.

I think it was Season 3 Episode 12 which was written by someone who really understood the characters and wrote a great story & dialogue, but it departed from the tone of the entire season so far. If you consider them serially it doesn’t make much sense, but on a per-show basis they are better.

The two/three part episodes are quite redeeming because they seem to bring in the heavy hitters for those.

Also an interesting thing is seeing someone who was a major character in a previous episode appearing as an extra in a later episode. A good example of this was one we watched yesterday, a character who played a quadriplegic scientist a few episodes ago appeared as a doctor running around a hospital.

Bucho
    Participant

They were probably clones.

Ol’ Ben
    Participant

They were clones!

Bucho
    Participant

I saw Peacemaker.

I liked!

Just finished S3 of What We Do in the Shadows, but mostly been watching Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire lately.

I think approximately 94% of my viewing is HBO (or at least on NZ’s HBO thing, which has the HBO shows plus non-HBO things like BrBa and WWDITS on it) these days.

Version3
    Keymaster

Peacemaker made me laugh with my belly and my wind.

I’ve watched “See” on Apple+, am current on Severence which is very interesting, Star Trek Lower Decks, Picard, Marvelous Mrs Maisel (S3), Mayor of Kingstown, Foundation, The Shrink Next Door, Life & Beth and I’m sure a dozen other things here lately. I feel like we are finishing shows like every week these days.

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.