:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

TV Shows You’re Watching…

• Comments Off on TV Shows You’re Watching…

TV Shows You’re Watching…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder TV Shows You’re Watching…

This topic contains 75 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Pa-ul
    Pa-ul
    Participant

I’m the same with Westworld, maybe leave it while, see how people react to it.
    (I’m always dubious about when they make a series from a film. Still can’t get Yul Brynner out of my mind when watching….Which reminds me, I was watching the film last year, and when the gunslinger robot face opens up, I spoil it for every one watching by chirping up “To prevent war, the Galaxy is on Orions belt”)

Man in the High castle is another series I’m looking into.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I’m stuck in S2 of Man in the High Castle. I liked S1 pretty well, can’t really say why I’m stalling out in S2. I’m trying to catch back up from pos-move chaos on all of the shitty Marvel/DC (so-called) shows that I still watch, those get harder and harder to keep watching because of how much they suck. Well, the ones on CW do anyway. I like the Netflix shows quite a bit. Also still watching all of the broadcast stuff with Jessica: Suits, Shameless, How to Get Away With Making 3 Seasons of a Shitty Show that Your Wife Will Talk You Into Watching, Brooklyn 99, Last Man on Earth, and probably our new favorite: This is Us. The Grand Tour has been good (have this past Friday’s paused on my Fire TV so I can watch when I’m working on something mindless.

The other stuff I watched or torn through recently:

Goliath (Amazon): I liked this show. It had a few slow moments early on, but it kept me engaged and off of my devices. Most of the performances didn’t totally blow me away or anything, but it was entertaining and seemed pretty well thought out.

The Americans: I started this, I was liking it. I was watching it while working, and Jessica mentioned wanting to watch it and so I stopped. I’ll have to pick it back up on my own I think.

Sneaky Pete (Amazon): I watched the pilot… seemed decent enough. I need to find time for the rest of the show. I should start a section for stuff I need to watch.

Red Oaks (Amazon): This was a decently funny little series that Jessica and I both liked.

The Path (Hulu): Currently watching this one. It both entertains me and annoys me (like a lot, people are fucking stupid, even when they are not real). It’s hard to keep on the show, it has some very boring episodes, but then there are a few that have kept me at it.

One Mississippi: It was okay. It was as annoying as it was entertaining… somewhat a let-down considering how much Louis CK talked about Tig being insanely funny. There are things I really liked about it though.

Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix): People like Zombie movies… I get it. They went Zombie comedy with this one. I don’t like Drew Barrymore, I never have. She thinks too much of herself, and it comes out in some of the scenes. But… it did make me laugh some, it was pretty insane and we did enjoy this quick watch season.

The Fall (Netflix): We are stuck on this. It stars Scully not being Scully with a crap accent. We wanted to watch it after having it recommended to us once we finished The Killing, but yeah… it’s too slow at times. We’ll get back to it I’m sure.

Raising Hope: I have no idea how we missed this show back when we actually watched My Name is Earl. I laughed quite a bit… it’s a stupid funny show.

White Collar: We liked this series quite a bit.

Sherlock: Well, we watched most of the first episode of the new Season. I think Jessica has really stopped liking the show. It’s not as good to me now either.

Stuff I need to see: Night Manager (Amazon), Mr Robot S2 (need to finish it), Expanse, Sense 8, probably some other shit too.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Holy moly, I haven’t even heard of half of those shows. I have heard Last Man on Earth and your new favorite This is Us are both good but haven’t managed to watch yet.

I agree with Jessica about Sherlock though. Just watched S4 Ep1 and was bored for quite a bit of it. Too often the banter seems cutesy rather than witty now.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I will agree that Sherlock has lost something. Maybe it’s the fact that at this point it’s more about the money? All I know is I still enjoy the hell out of Elementary, but I’ll still watch Sherlock any time it’s available.

Funny, I just watched the Night Manager the other day. It’s definitely a slow burn type of show, but thankfully it was only 6 episodes. I think if it was any more than that, I wouldn’t have had the patience for it, but it was still pretty good, and I think that most would enjoy it if you can deal with the slowness.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I DVR the James Corden show and usually have it on as a background thing at some point the next day. Unless some superduperstar is on there and then I might actually turn my eyeballs to it.

I’d probably watch Kimmel if that was screened here but none of the other hosts really get me going these days. Even when he didn’t give a shit Letterman was still the best around and I can’t see anyone challenging him for GOAT* status.

* Probably blasphemy, but I never saw Johnny.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Started watching Baskets, with Zach Galifiankis playing twins brothers, and Louie Anderson playing their mom. Not quite as good as the best comedies around right now, but still a fun watch if you enjoy Galifiankis’s dark-ish brand of silliness, and especially worth it for Anderson’s surprisingly touching performance as a woman.

Also been watching a ton of George Clark’s Amazing Spaces.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Legion, on FX. What a great show. Lots of stylistic filmmaking here, but it’s used so wonderfully. I enjoyed the tits outta this one. Oh, and weirdly, I actually LIKED Aubrey Blahza in this. It’s that good.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Recently caught up on The Good Place – Maybe the least predictable comedy series ever and I’m also pretty much in love with Jameela Jamil.

Derry Girls – Comedy set in Northern Ireland during The Troubles … come for the accents, stay for Saoirse-Monica Jackson’s facial expressions.

The Last Kingdom – Pretty much Braveheart but set in the time of the Saxons vs The Danes, a fun gang of characters and plenty of swords and axes and spears and arrows making holes in people.

3 eps into The Boys – So far, so good, somehow even more violent than The Last Kingdom.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I agree on The Good Place. Jessica and I stay up on this show as it comes out.

The Boys was… much different than I expected. I reeeaally enjoyed it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, I dug The Boys a lot … really solid cast, violence that’s twisted enough to be surprising and fun without being nasty, and a story that kept me on my toes pretty much the whole way through. The sooner Season 2 gets into my eyeballs the better.

Also halfway through Gervais’s series After Life. I’m not Gervais’s biggest fan – I never saw Derek or any of his movies – but when he gets it right he gets it really right. This has super heavy moments but a ton of funny moments too. He’s not my favourite actor but this series has me thinking Gervais may be the second best* on the planet right now when it comes to playing someone who can be a dick in one scene and sympathetic the next.

* Bill Murray is #1

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I agree on all of the words you used about Gervais. Well, except for the ones about what you have/haven’t seen, there we are just not on the same page sir. See, I HAVE seen his movies. That’s really the only difference.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

After Life didn’t quite stick the landing int he finale ep but the previous episodes were so good I couldn’t be too mad at it.

Aside from that, just watching a couple of local shows you guys have no reason to care about and also caught up and current on The Good Place and also watching The Clone Wars, a TV show about the Clone Wars from Star Wars.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Watched The Chef and Bill Burr’s Paper Tiger.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I hadn’t been watching much of anything outside of the Clone Wars. Been so so so busy the last few weeks.

I quit watching the Walking Dead a while ago, because it’s just so dang frustrating. The acting has always been pretty good, but just ugh with the story.

I did watch The Boys, watched Chappelle and Burr’s specials, not much else!

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I watched both of those comedy specials too. Funny guys, but I didn’t find myself laughing all that hard… just a good little laugh a few times. Maybe it was my mood or something.

Recently, we abandoned Designated Survivor, because only the first season was remotely interesting. We watched the latest season of Wentworth… which isn’t that good anymore either, but we are watching it as “completionists”. We tried going back to “13 Reasons Why” (the first season was decent) but the second is b-o-o-o-r-i-n-g. So fuck that. We just started “Unbelievable”… 2 episodes in, no clue if I like it or not. That’s what the little lady and I are watching.

I recently watched “Hyperdrive” on Netflix and I gotta say that the description of it is kinda accurate; it’s American Ninja Warrior meets Gymkana… I really enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job on the show, a good job keeping me involved in it.

I also watched “Another Life” which is meh at it’s best. But… what else was I gonna do while I couldn’t sleep in Seattle (yes I avoided it) but watch more and more TV.

When the hell are we gonna get more “Altered Carbon” and “Lost in Space”? When I ask!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.