:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

TV Shows You’re Watching…

• Comments Off on TV Shows You’re Watching…

TV Shows You’re Watching…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder TV Shows You’re Watching…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    BuchoBucho
    Participant

Been watching the old Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, with Jeremy Brett in the lead role. The show is definitely of its time (produced in the mid 80s) but even today Brett is extraordinarily magnetic. Maybe the second most charismatic small-screen performance I’ve ever seen after James Gandolfini.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

robrob
    Participant

Never watched it. What made you want to go back and watch these?

I just finished my 2nd go-through of the Clone Wars, and now I’m watching the “story reels”. I plan on reading Dark Disciple, too (one of the new canon books where the plot is taken from unfinished Clone Wars episodes). There’s more info here.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

My wife has always loved Holmes and she was rewatching them so I got sucked in. Plus I kept seeing people on The Internet say Brett was the best ever depiction of Holmes and I wanted to see if he lived up to the hype.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

Any of you guys seen Angie Tribeca? I know you won’t have Rob, since comedy shows are your nemesis, but anyone else? It’s that suuuuuper silly Naked Gun/Sledge Hammer/Police Squad style of comedy. At first I was worried it would feel like a dated form, and sure it’s far from revolutionary, but it turns out it’s still fun to me. Me and the missus are about 3/4 through Season Two.

Aside from that I haven’t been watching Westworld. It’s sci-fi and it’s HBO, so I feel like I should be, but something about it doesn’t appeal to me for some reason. Am I a damn fool for missing it?

Version3Version3
    Keymaster

Never heard of it, and I will be checking into this Angie Tribeca thing. How are you liking Westworld? I remember I thought it would be cool, but I haven’t found any time to watch it.

We’ve been binge watching a lot of different things. Recently we watched all of Suits (to current), all of Orphan Black (to current), got most of the way through the first season of Hand of God (Amazon) and some movies here and there. We watched Season 2 of Catastrophe (though neither of us got into it like Season 1), Shameless (caught up) which we really have enjoyed, and I know there are some other shows we’ve watched lately, but I’m not coming up with them off of the top of my head.

I watched Mr Robot (I have a few to catch up on) and I really liked Season 1. I also watched Humans, and it was okay as well. I guess I’ll have to look to see what else we’ve been watching since the last update. Oh, I watched Jessica Jones. It was decent enough.

Currently, I just ripped through Luke Cage and I’m going back to the other Marvel shows to try to get through them all. Agent Carter Season 1 is on at the moment, and I’m going back to Daredevil after that.

Jor-ElJor-El
    Participant

Any of you guys seen Angie Tribeca? I know you won’t have Rob, since comedy shows are your nemesis, but anyone else? It’s that suuuuuper silly Naked Gun/Sledge Hammer/Police Squad style of comedy. At first I was worried it would feel like a dated form, and sure it’s far from revolutionary, but it turns out it’s still fun to me. Me and the missus are about 3/4 through Season Two.

Aside from that I haven’t been watching Westworld. It’s sci-fi and it’s HBO, so I feel like I should be, but something about it doesn’t appeal to me for some reason. Am I a damn fool for missing it?

Lando: How you doin’ Tribeca?

I like titties.

Jor-ElJor-El
    Participant

Never watched it. What made you want to go back and watch these?

I just finished my 2nd go-through of the Clone Wars, and now I’m watching the “story reels”. I plan on reading Dark Disciple, too (one of the new canon books where the plot is taken from unfinished Clone Wars episodes). There’s more info here.

Well since we don’t have network TV etc, we just catch whatever is on Apple TV. Lots of Curious George and Spongebob, etc. I watched Season 1 of Human’s I liked it but not sure where that will go next. Started watching Heroes Reborn but gave up on it when I found it that it got canceled.

I would like to go back and watch all of the clone wars again but I still haven’t seen all of the Rebels seasons (just the 1st season only).

I like titties.

robrob
    Participant

I barely watch any tv at all. Rebels, Elementary, South Park, Walking Dead, The Americans, SNL, and that’s about it. I want to watch Westworld. Game of Thrones, I guess, too.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

Lately three or four folks whose tastes I respect have said South Park is still a good show. I haven’t seen it for years but I think I should be seeing it right now.

Pa-ulPa-ul
    Participant

I’ve just started watching a few, not necessarily good, but I’ll put up with them.

1. Timeless – It’s a little, maybe a lot, corny. It’s another time travel show and some the effects of changing the past are well thought out.

2. Lucifer – Once the show has got past the first few episodes, then Lucifers humour is something else.

3. Star Wars Rebels – I know it’s a cartoon, but I’m childish.

4. Limitless – I started watching, but need to get back to that.

5. Smallville – I missed two whole seasons, so figured I’d start from scratch.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Pa-ulPa-ul.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Pa-ulPa-ul.
    BuchoBucho
    Participant

Pa-ul, MY MAN!

It’s like Christmas come early knowing you’re still around.

Pa-ulPa-ul
    Participant

I really need to get back into using the forums.
    now that I remembered my details (brain went into sieve mode)
    (Which also explains why I was sat staring at the screen like a mannequin, whilst drooling from the corner of my mouth)

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

The corner is one of the best places to drool from to be fair. I’ve tried drooling from the top, but it makes a mess of my lower lip and chin.

I’ve been watching ATLANTA, created by written by and starring Young Lando Calrissian. It’s really good, although it should be noted this opinion is brought to you by someone who enjoys a good amount of hip hop, a trait I’m well aware isn’t shared by various other gentlemen around this joint.

Also TUTANKHAMUN, a 4-part mini-series about Howard Carter’s search for the Tomb of the Boy King. It has Sam Neill in it and is quite enjoyable all round, although it should be noted this opinion is brought to you by someone who enjoys movies and TV show set in the Middle East, a trait shared by everyone in the whole world.

robrob
    Participant

I don’t know how to respond to any of these. I’ve been reading and watching YouTube stuff. That sorta keeps me busy. I’m way behind on Elementary, and I really want to watch The Grand Tour and Westworld.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

I couldn’t get excited about diving into Westworld for some reason. I figured I’ll leave it a couple of seasons and if folks say it’s worth it I’ll get into it then, like I did with Game of Thrones.

Been re-watching some Broad City though. Ilana in particular cracks me up. I also enjoy seeing her run while wearing a t-shirt or tank top.

Also been catching up on seasons 8 and 9 of Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, which isn’t YouTube, but kind of is. The Norm MacDonald episode is my sunshine.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.