:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Transformers, anyone?

• Comments Off on Transformers, anyone?

Transformers, anyone?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Transformers, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

There hasn’t been much about this movie out on the internet as of yet, besides casting rumors. What I’ve been thinking about more than anything is the design of the Transformers, themselves. I really think we can rest easy…

Check this short clip out from an independent design company called 3D Blasphemy. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the Transformers movie, but I think that if an independent like them can do this good of a job, what can we expect from Industrial Light & Magic?

Enough said. Here it is…

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/OPTIMUS/OPTIMUS.html.

Newman
    Participant

Downloading as we speak…

Jor-El
    Participant

Dude that is so f’ing bad. I wonder who rendered that file.

I like titties.

Version3
    Keymaster

I did. I did it this morning in Maya 7. Oh, did I mention that I had that? No, well maybe I did it in 3DS Max 8… oh wait, I’d have to have done that from a DipNDots since that one is a few hours away yet. 😛

That was totally freakin’ cool by the way.

Version3
    Keymaster

I finally got to watch it at full frame rate (the high-res one played like ass on my iBook)… I really want to see footage from the real movie now.

Opinions: Do you like the slow transforming (as in the clip above) where you can really see everything that is going on, or are you a bigger fan of the high speed, and more acrobatic type of transform like in the dancing Citreon commercial? http://uk.download.yahoo.com/ne/fu/oa/eurcncs185030.mpg

Myself, I enjoy the slow transform and would like to see it in the movie when someone is injured or something. However… in general, I think the high speed transform looks much cooler, and seems to better represent a race of intelligent robots that are capable of evolving, space travel, fighting and everything else. The slower stuff, while it looks great in footage like the one Rob posted, seems to be limited by what we understand of typical hydraulics, and in the case of that flick, even imply that it’s how the transformers move. I gotta think that a race of self-aware, transforming robots could develop something better than earth-style loud ass hydraulics. That’s probably more thought than I should apply to it, but it’s been done already, so get off my ass about it!

YouFollowMe
    Participant

Yeah, I like the slower-speed transform too. They will probably use the high-speed, since that’s easier to animate, but the slow-speed is just damn cool. It’s awesome seeing every individual part mutate into something else. I just like seeing how shit works.

rob
    Participant

I think mostly it’ll depend on the situation. The one clip that I talked about seeing with the cars chasing each other, one hitting a ramp and then transforming in the air and then landing like he’s punching the ground — that was pretty damn sweet. I just wish I could find that file.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Or, it could be like Jerry said (way back in the 1970’s) where you get a big Transformer changing to slow and falling flat on his face because he can’t transform fast enough. 😀

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Now what would be funny is if some kids stole the wheels and sprayed graffiti all over the cab.

So as he’s tranforming he falls apart, or over onto one side.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Why any Transformers movie would need any better graphics than the Transformers game on the Commodore 64 is beyond me.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think they should just dub over the original cartoon series. Or hey, they could just add updated graphics between scenes and act like it’s a new series. Oh wait, that last one has been done.

digitaltopia
    Participant

This one’s really for Rob.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/313565

rob
    Participant

I was scared to see what it was when I read that it was for me.

And my suspicions were right.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    I was scared to see what it was when I read that it was for me.

And my suspicions were right.

It’s a bit late to retract the pickle deep throating now that the damage has been done. 🙂

rob
    Participant

I said, “Pickle”! Not “Big purple-veined throbbing man meat”!

Women are all I’m about. Just look at my unhealthy obsession with Lindsay Lohan.

I’ll say just about anything for a laugh, so :P!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.