:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Today, Frank looks for a house

• Comments Off on Today, Frank looks for a house

Today, Frank looks for a house

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Today, Frank looks for a house

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

It’s been a long time coming, but the final straw happened today here at the apartment complex where I live. First, they replaced the roof, which took about a week. Then it was the pipes, which meant that they had to come in and cut many, many holes in the wall to replace the pipes. Today, it’s all the wood siding on our side of the apartment.

Now, as most of you know, I’m a night person. I work late, I don’t go to bed until late and that means I usually get up late. That is, unless someone’s banging a fucking hammer at 8 in the morning. I’m tired of it and so, I’m looking at getting a house around here (renting probably, because my credit’s probably not good enough for me to actually buy one outright just yet).

Anyway, that’s my gripe for today. Hope everyone else is having a decent day.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m so with you on that. That shit used to drive me crazy, and I still didn’t keep quite the hours that you do.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Good luck with that.

wokendream
    Participant

God I hate that! I used to work graveyards, and the apartment complex I lived in was being renovated to be turned into condos so I’d get home at about 7:30 am and by 9 there were jack hammers going ripping up concrete, construction workers banging on the walls and there’s no way to get them to stop. So after living on 45 minutes of sleep a day I finally moved and rented myself a house. So good luck with your quest and I hope you find a place quick.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    wokendream wrote:
    God I hate that! I used to work graveyards, and the apartment complex I lived in was being renovated to be turned into condos so I’d get home at about 7:30 am and by 9 there were jack hammers going ripping up concrete, construction workers banging on the walls and there’s no way to get them to stop. So after living on 45 minutes of sleep a day I finally moved and rented myself a house. So good luck with your quest and I hope you find a place quick.

That freaked me out, until I realised it was a shift. 🙄

Thankfully, you don’t live over here (in a nice way).

You would have a better chance of finding rocking horse shit than finding a house that’s reasonably priced.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

wokendream
    Participant

Who said where I’m living is reasonably priced? I live in a small 1 bedroom house paying nearly $1000/month. It’s ridiculous here in California, especially southern cali… piece of shit houses are selling for over 300,000 It’s insane.

Frank
    Participant
    wokendream wrote:
    Who said where I’m living is reasonably priced? I live in a small 1 bedroom house paying nearly $1000/month. It’s ridiculous here in California, especially southern cali… piece of shit houses are selling for over 300,000 It’s insane.

Wow … that’s a bit pricey and WAYYY out of my price range working for a small newspaper. I actually looked at a house a couple of days ago that was a three bedroom, two bath with a garage for $795.

wokendream
    Participant

I want to rent a 3 bedroom house for $800… no fair!

Frank
    Participant
    wokendream wrote:

Move to South Carolina and you can 🙂 That is, if you don’t mind living with us rednecks (by “us rednecks” I mean Bing).

Version3
    Keymaster
    wokendream wrote:

You gotta make SC wages too though.

Where are you in Southern Cali? I hated LA for the most part. Yeah, overpriced and 7/10 of the population are just fucking lazy.

wokendream
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Move to South Carolina and you can 🙂 That is, if you don’t mind living with us rednecks (by “us rednecks” I mean Bing).

Hell, I’m originally from Louisville so I guess I’m already part redneck.

Version3 wrote:
    Where are you in Southern Cali? I hated LA for the most part. Yeah, overpriced and 7/10 of the population are just fucking lazy.

I’m in Yucaipa, it’s about an hour to 4 hours from LA (depending on the day and time you try to drive). 7/10 of the population is lazy because 7/10 of the population here is Mexican or black.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Hey now, I happen to like Mexicans. The ones that aren’t lazy.

Octavious
    Participant

Cause they are ones making the food or cleaning up or doing lawnscaping.

digitaltopia
    Participant

The funny thing is, as much as you think you don’t like Mexicans, the people in South America like them even less.

wokendream
    Participant

I’m going to get slightly political here for a minute… It’s not that I have a problem with mexicans necessarily, but the fact that they come here to have kids and mooch off the system. I used to work for a county hospital and constantly got calls asking if someone’s sister/aunt/cousin/niece/whatever could come to that hospital to have a baby. My problem is the programs, if they were taken away then there wouldn’t be a system for them to mooch off of and we’d have a much more productive society.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.