:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Theoretical

• Comments Off on Theoretical

Theoretical

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Theoretical

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

If the forums were improved (better functionality, better speed and more traffic) would any of us get annoyed with advertising on the pages? I’ve avoided it for a long time, but I’m ready to move this site back out into the foreground, fix everything that’s jacked and I think advertising should be part of the equation.

Feedback from all 6 of you?

Newman
    Participant

Hi, I’m new here…

I’m pretty much immune to ads, unless I’m super fucking bored at work. That is if I don’t already have an ad blocking plugin. <3 Fire Fox

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m more concerned about using this platform to power more than one project… the result would be the bleed-over advertising. I’d be happy it if just paid for itself, and at GoDaddy pricing, that’s not hard to do, yes?

rob
    Participant

I think it would be fine. Especially if every now and then there’d be an ad on there for something fictional — like Big Fist Delight or 21B’s Chocalate Fuckin’ Sugar Dick Drops or something.

Bing
    Participant

as long as the tasteless humor has its place and I’m not attacked by popups I wouldn’t mind it.

also

would we be required to click the ads every so often?

rob
    Participant

I think a good idea would be the flash ads that grow out of their container on the site and completely take over your screen. Oh, and hide the close button so you can’t see it so you have no choice but to either click and hit back or wait for the fuckin’ thing to end.

On second thought, that would kinda suck. And no, Bing, I don’t think it would be necessary to click. “To see the next post, click on the following three banners, then, once the fourth ad window opens, give the tenth word on the fifth paragraph, and enter it into this text box.”

Bucho
    Participant

I’d have no problem, I already visit other forums with ads and it’s not a big deal at all. In fact I’d go out of my way to click the ads if I knew it was helping you guys out as long as that didn’t sign me up automatically for some new 18-Inch rubber cock deal because I already have a warehouse full of those puppies.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

thx_1227
    Participant

Wouldn’t bother me at all, especially if it means the site will get a tune up…

Version3
    Keymaster

Overhaul may be a better word.

thx_1227
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Overhaul may be a better word.

I hesitated to use that word. Didn’t want to put too much pressure on you… 8)

Bucho
    Participant

So what you’re saying, if I may read the barely veiled hints between the lines, is there is a 100% chance of there being some video on the overhauled site. Maybe even more.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

No problem here. Its still cool to talk on these forums and if a couple of ads are added on, so what.

Bing
    Participant

SOS Video!?

What!? HOW?!

El Rustirino
    Participant

video!?!?!?

Version3
    Keymaster

Apparently Bucho is producing a video.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.