:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

The love hate relationship with MS

• Comments Off on The love hate relationship with MS

The love hate relationship with MS

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge The love hate relationship with MS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Newman
    Participant

So my 360 Elite red ringed about 2 weeks ago. Hurray! I was under the impression that the Elite models wern’t supposto crap out like it did.

Took 3 phone calls to get through to someone who I could fucking understand. Oh then I was on hold for a good 20 minutes because the fucker couldn’t find my address…GG Canada?

About a week after I got my casket to ship it back with. Its funny that they even included a strip of tape to reseal the box. That had me laughing for a bit.

Shipped back yesterday, waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone elses 360 crapped out on them?

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, ours did. It wasn’t so bad. There are some things you can do to try to rule out the power supply (because believe it or not sometimes the red rings are actually the PS) but for the most part, it just has to go in. We got ours back in about 3.5 weeks I think, during the X-mas season.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Well, I just got mine at the beginning of this month, and everything’s been peachy so far. I’m afraid of the inevitable, though.

Would you recommend buying the cooler?

Version3
    Keymaster

We don’t run it. But, I have read many times that running the machine on it’s edge, rather than down flat is better for cooling. We are running ours in a cabinet on it’s side again. I keep telling Derryk to open the door when he’s running it, or it will be gone for 3-5 weeks for repair again.

rob
    Participant

I turned on my 360 to make sure it worked when we moved in at the beginning of June, and haven’t touched it since. And the only reason the PS3 gets turned on lately is to watch a movie. I just haven’t been much of a game player lately.

But I had the ring of death about a year ago, and it took around the same amount of time as Bryan said.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Robbie, if you don’t get the Orange Box or at least play me in Halo 3 soon, the relationship is off.

Octavious
    Participant

Ah the red ring of death. I got that after a month of getting it when they first came out. 3 weeks turnaround and I got a replacement. It’s been working like a champ.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.