:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

The Joker is DEAD!

• Comments Off on The Joker is DEAD!

The Joker is DEAD!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder The Joker is DEAD!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant

WTF!

Quote:
    NEW YORK (CNN) — Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said.

Heath Ledger was found dead in a Manhattan apartment.

The Academy Award nominated actor was 28.

“Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed,” police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

“This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet.”

The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen.

Ledger was unresponsive when he was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported.

Ledger was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said.

In 2005, the actor played Ennis Del Mar in “Brokeback Mountain,” about two cowboys who had a secret relationship.

The role earned him the Oscar nomination.

Ledger was born in Perth, Australia. He has a young daughter with actress Michelle Williams, his co-star in “Brokeback Mountain.”

“He was just so respected in the industry,” said Kim Serafin, senior editor of In Touch Weekly. “It’s just horribly tragic. He was just a fine actor and a good person, so this is horribly sad and very unexpected.”

Dark Knight is going to be something now! What I mean is that people will go see that movie just to see his last movie. I wonder if they were done filming, they should’ve.

rob
    Participant

According to aintitcool, he had already finished or was close to finishing his post production work.

I think this absolutely sucks. Totally sucks. The guy was a good actor, and if you remember, when he was announced as the Joker, I was excited as shit. This just totally sucks. I mean, what if he turned in the best Joker we’ve ever seen?

You can say his movies sucked, you could even call him a fudge packer because he was in Brokeback, but whether you liked his movies or not, the guy was an extremely talented actor. This reminds me of when I heard River Phoenix was dead.

Bing
    Participant

yeah this was a shock

digitaltopia
    Participant

The official report says pills. The inside report says he overdosed on lipstick, glitter, and cowboy hats.

Octavious
    Participant

I agree with Rob, I enjoyed his movies. It would be childish to call him a fudge-packer.

But a couple things come to mind.

1. For a guy to have a 2 yr old daughter, did he have a will? (The father in me)

2. Dark Knight is done filming, WB dodge a bullet, the movie is complete and edited. It would ironic if the movie ends with the Joker’s death.

2b. Did WB pay Heath for the movie already? If they didn’t or in the process, do they have the right to stop.

3. How much money would’ve Dark Knight made with or without the death of Heath Ledger.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I enjoyed him in A Knight’s Tale, and I’m sure he’ll be a pretty good Joker. Other than that, I couldn’t stand him much.

rob
    Participant

My point is that we’ll never know. It’s just like River.

Octavious
    Participant

Was River’s last film Indiana Jones?

digitaltopia
    Participant

I think it was. At least, that was the last thing I heard about him doing.

rob
    Participant

He was in Sneakers 3 years after Last Crusade. He had done 7 movies after Last Crusade, but Sneakers was probably the most seen.

I stop thinking about this whole thing for a few minutes, and then I’m all “Holy Fuck Shit!” again. It just sucks.

Oh, and Harry confirmed that his work on The Dark Knight was complete, so it will be his last movie.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Shows you how much I pay attention to what most actors are doing.

El Rustirino
    Participant

The Joker won’t die.

Frank
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    1. For a guy to have a 2 yr old daughter, did he have a will? (The father in me)

From what I gather, he did. Even though he had split up with his wife, she was taken care of, as wel as his daughter and his immediate family (father, etc.)

Darth Octavious wrote:
    2. Dark Knight is done filming, WB dodge a bullet, the movie is complete and edited. It would ironic if the movie ends with the Joker’s death.

From what I hear, they decided not to kill the Joker in this movie, rather save him for later if they need to use him again (a la put him in Arkham Asylum, etc.)

Darth Octavious wrote:
    2b. Did WB pay Heath for the movie already? If they didn’t or in the process, do they have the right to stop.

Any monies that haven’t already been paid to him will go directly to his immediate family, which in this case would probably be a trust fund for his daughter.

Darth Octavious wrote:
    3. How much money would’ve Dark Knight made with or without the death of Heath Ledger.

I think this movie had blockbuster money written all over it. Now that Ledger is gone and everyone knows this was his last film, I have a feeling the money is only going to go up from here.

Now, here’s my thing: They found six prescriptions in his pad, but no drugs. There was a rolled up $20 bill on the floor, but the tests on the bill concluded there was no drug residue on the bill. So far, it’s being ruled an accidental overdose, but early autopsy reports are inconclusive.

To me, something seems really odd/fishy about this whole thing. I can’t put my finger on it, but it just seems odd. And I know that the death of a seemingly healthy 28 year old is always odd, but this one strikes me as if something else was in play here.

Version3
    Keymaster

Or someone needed to clean things up before he was ‘found’. I doubt we’ll ever know the truth.

Frank
    Participant

I dunno. Even if they washed that rolled up $20 bill, there would still be trace amounts of whatever it was he was sniffing. But again, it’s all going to be speculation until the final autopsy report rolls in.

And another thing: Has anyone else noticed that the coverage of Ledger’s death by the media pales in comparison to the death of Anna Nicole? We had that shit for 24 hours straight for about two weeks. A day after Ledger’s death, they’re talking about other things and Ledger’s been briefly mentioned from time to time. An interesting side note here would be that, since he died in New York, there’s a good chance Dr. Michael Baden would perform the autopsy. I love Dr. Baden, not the way Bucho loves sheep or Bing loves the thing that works at Bojangles, but in a manly way, so to speak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.