:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

The Joker has been cast for the Batman sequel?!?

• Comments Off on The Joker has been cast for the Batman sequel?!?

The Joker has been cast for the Batman sequel?!?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder The Joker has been cast for the Batman sequel?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

According to Latino Review, the Joker has been cast. And it’s Heath Ledger. Heath Ledger?!? Heath frickin’ Ledger?

Eh, I don’t know, he could be great. I’ll reserve judgment on that one..

Frank
    Participant

I was going to post this, but figured you’d beat me to it (like you always do! *sigh*sniff*) hehehe

Ledger as The Joker? Let me make the first joke here: “Batman, I wish I could quit you!”

rob
    Participant

Heheh — I knew shit like the Brokeback stuff was coming. I think the guy has talent as an actor, but it seems to be a very strange choice.

Version3
    Keymaster

I have yet to see a role where Heath impressed me. I’m less than excited about the choice, but who knows… if Tom Cruise could come along and prove he can act, anything can happen, right?

Frank
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    I have yet to see a role where Heath impressed me. I’m less than excited about the choice, but who knows… if Tom Cruise could come along and prove he can act, anything can happen, right?

Wait … Tom Cruise has proven he can act?

rob
    Participant

Born on the Fourth of July, Magnolia, Interview with the Vampire, Last Samurai. He’s done some good work between the Tom-Cruise-playing-Tom-Cruise movies.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I had heard a while ago that Paul Bettany was going to play the Joker (he played Geoffrey Chaucer in A Knight’s Tale with Heath Ledger), so this is a bit different.

rob
    Participant

Latinoreview.com is saying that it’s true, but who knows for sure? That’s just the rumor that everyone’s jumping on right now.

If it were Paul Bettany, that would be like, dream casting. Paul Bettany just rocks. And he has a hot wife.

BSherrod
    Participant

I’m sure it will be awhile before we get a confirmed person for the role so I took it as speculation. As the resident comic guy(unless someone is, which is cool) I think that the Joker needs to be played by someone who can have the most diabolical laugh and face that is humanly possibly. Jjjjeeerrrryy………..

Frank
    Participant

How reliable IS the latinoreview.com and why are they the first to break this piece of gossip?

BSherrod
    Participant

According to Digg its offical.

rob
    Participant

Latinoreview is known for them getting movie scripts up to a year in advance of the movie coming out. Apparently one of the guys on there is known as getting those hot scripts before anyone else, and as far as I know, he’s pretty reputable about putting out his two cents without ruining the movie, so the studios don’t freak out too much when they hear he’s got a copy.

digitaltopia
    Participant

They call him El Rey de Velocidad. That’s just a guess.

Bucho
    Participant

Bettany would almost certainly nail it. I don’t know about Ledger, it’s a departure for sure. I haven’t seen Brokeback yet but in Monster’s Ball he’s hugely impressive (among the mediocrity) and gotten hot reviews for Candy. He seems too young but I guess it would fit with Bale and Murphy from the last one. It’s hard to imagine Ledger being loose enough too.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

Ledger has been confirmed for the sequel, entitled “The Dark Knight”. I love that title. It’ll probably end up being “Batman: The Dark Knight”, simply because the studio will want “Batman” in the title, but whatever. It’ll kick major ace, I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.