:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

The Dork Knight trailer…

• Comments Off on The Dork Knight trailer…

The Dork Knight trailer…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder The Dork Knight trailer…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Only watch this if you’ve already seen the new Dark Knight trailer, premiering Sunday, May 4th. Let me explain what this is so you can wait to see it —

On Tuesday, with all of the viral marketing stuff they’ve been doing, there were 12 cities on the website that said to meet at a given location. Once the countdown reached zero, the website updated with clues to three numbers. Once you got the numbers, it would open a safe on the website, and inside was instructions to meet someone. That someone would take them to a theatre to show them the new trailer, and they gave away a copy of the trailer, on actual film. This was a modified version of the trailer, “drawn on” by the Joker. No one knew that it was different, until someone played it in a theatre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OqlNyE18I&eurl=http://www.joblo.com/the-dork-knight

Octavious
    Participant

Cool.

digitaltopia
    Participant

That sounds awesome. I’ll watch it as soon as I see the original trailer you’re referencing.

rob
    Participant

The new trailer is supposed to premiere here…

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/

digitaltopia
    Participant

That 50’s-style ad on the front page reminds me of similar ads you’d see in Car Wars, for any of you that ever played that back in the day. Which was probably only me.

rob
    Participant
    Version3
    Keymaster

The trailer was on Iron Man, but for us Hancock was not. 🙁

rob
    Participant

Kicks ass, though, right?

Version3
    Keymaster

I”m still not sold on the dirty just plain criminal version of the Joker. I’ll reserve final judgement for the movie, but for me they are still taking the super villain qualities out of him by just making him a bad guy with odd style. The movie looks pretty good, but it doesn’t look as huge as a DC comics franchise should look… at least no so far to me. I don’t think it’s going to be bad, I like the first one quite a bit, I just don’t love it.

rob
    Participant

I love how dark he is — he’s like “The Killing Joke” version of the Joker, which is one of my single favorite Batman comics ever. For me, it’s just plain more realistic, as was Batman Begins.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I have to agree. I love the darker, more insane Joker as opposed to the more cartoon character Joker. I also agree that it’s more realistic, which is one of the reasons I like the new Batman series they’re building so much more than the old series.

Version3
    Keymaster

I don’t prefer the Jack Joker, I profer some of the ones done in the animated versions. I don’t need a hero movie to be too realistic… it defeats the purpose.

Octavious
    Participant

Well Jack’s Joker was due to Tim Burton, a weird character himself. I am happy that he didn’t do Superman.

rob
    Participant

I have to admit — Jack Joker got me into Batman in the first place. Then, after devouring about a year’s worth of Batman comics, I realized how butchered the first Batman was. Of course, this new Burton Batman was a better Batman than anything we’d seen previously, but it still wasn’t there yet.

I go back to some of those first comics I read sometimes, and there are some really good stories there, even if the artwork isn’t up to today’s standards. I love the idea of the Joker that’s just plain crazy, and that’s what makes him so dangerous, is the fact that nothing is beyond him, that in a chaotic world, nothing’s more dangerous that a sociopath with no inkling of right and wrong.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I actually like superhero movies to be as realistic as possible. It just has a better feel for me that way. But we all like different things. From the trailers I think Ledger has done a very good Joker. I just wonder what happens to the Joker at the end of the movie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.