:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Thanks a Million?

• Comments Off on Thanks a Million?

Thanks a Million?

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Thanks a Million?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Well, not quite. It is said, that MS banned up to 1 million users on XBox Live for running pirated copies of Call of Duty: MW2

That’s hardcore man… I wonder if all 1 mill actually ran pirate copies, or if they just killed all modded boxes that happen to be running the game?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/12/cnet.xbox.live.ban/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

Bucho
    Participant

I’m no lover of M$ but I can’t help feeling like supporting them for hammering pirates like that. I mean, as a former gaming junkie I can relate to the hate a lot of kids will be feeling about it but at the end of the day the law is the law and this action doesn’t really hurt anyone (assuming they acted on accurate info). A mil is heavy shit though, and kind of simultaneously a good promo for the game’s popularity.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I get them banning pirates, but I have a hard time believing that 5% of the entire subscriber base (which probably represents more than the number of people that bought the game on launch day) were running pirated copies of the software at the time of the ban. Modifying ones XBox, for whatever reason, shouldn’t be terms for banning, and even if it is in the EULA for XBox Live, why tie it to the game piracy event? Sounds heavy handed to me, but I’ll be looking for updates on the story just to see how it plays out.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, I have to agree at this stage. Given the scale of the thing “assuming they acted on accurate info” is a pretty big assumption.

Larkitect
    Participant

i wonder if the halloween bans were a trial balloon? because it sure seems odd they would throw out some prepatory bans on halloween leading to 1 million banned systems. well with mw2 selling over 7 million copies worldwide one the first day i smell a conspiracy. m$ is just crazy.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

Word on the street is a whole bunch of assholes are putting their modded boxes on the market to offload them to unsuspecting parents in the pre-Christmas market without telling the buyer of the Live situation. Pirating is bad enough but offloading when you’re caught out to innocent people who know no better? That’s pure chickenshit.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, another of the many, MANY reasons why people suck. I hate their inner faces.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bucho 42289 wrote:

Word on the street is a whole bunch of assholes are putting their modded boxes on the market to offload them to unsuspecting parents in the pre-Christmas market without telling the buyer of the Live situation. Pirating is bad enough but offloading when you’re caught out to innocent people who know no better? That’s pure chickenshit.

man that would suck. i don’t mind a little piracy to stick it to the man, but when you hurt mom ‘n pop i want to punch you in the bagina. unless you’re a dude, then i want to rip your balls off and make you a DIY bagina and then punch you in it.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bucho 42289 wrote:

you called it. bucho rocks

Version3
    Keymaster

Good job Bucho… which street exactly did you see this printed on? Can you look on that street to see when I’m going to stop sucking at life?

Uh, nevermind.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Version3 42365 wrote:

Good job Bucho… which street exactly did you see this printed on? Can you look on that street to see when I’m going to stop sucking at life?

Uh, nevermind.

for a minute there i thought you had lost your mind. then i realized i’m just slow.

homer-simpson-doh-212x300.jpg

Bucho
    Participant

Asshole Street, where you can hear news about people who act like assholes.

I don’t know about you sucking at life though Captain, you seem to be doing a fuck of a lot better than most people. Nobody’s perfect (except Rosario Dawson), but at least you have more than your share of good points.

Larkitect
    Participant

bucho, you only like her because she’s got…

Rosario_Dawson_03.jpg

wait, what? i lost my train of thought.

[wow, sorry. pic was supposed to be quite a bit smaller.]

Bucho
    Participant

@Larkitect 42381 wrote:

[wow, sorry. pic was supposed to be quite a bit smaller.]

Sorry?!? Smaller?!?

My good fellow I salute you!

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bucho 42384 wrote:

Sorry?!? Smaller?!?

My good fellow I salute you!

lol glad i could be of assistance. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.