:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Tech questions

• Comments Off on Tech questions

Tech questions

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Tech questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant

You tube used to save files in my temporary internet files directory.

They usually appeared as

getvideo[1]

or something like that, all I had to do was copy,paste and add a .flv extension to play them whenever I wanted to (saving them to folders and such)

Now all of a sudden I can’t seem to get youtube to do that anymore!

I’ve tried some plugins with Mozilla and lost all patience with that piece of poo

any ideas?

djohnson
    Participant

There are programs out there that will save the thing out to a file for you. Can’t think of any names just now, but I suspect Google will be your friend if you try hard enough…

If you’re still stumped, I can get all over finding something…

Bing
    Participant

Thanks Dave..

I’m not counting out resorting to another program. What I am more interested in is why do the files no longer appear in the temp internet files directory like it has done since the beginning of time.

My computer has been known to do that kinda wierd shit before though…I think it is alive.

Thanks for your help..

Pa-ul
    Participant

I use a firefox addon that can download FLV straight from the page.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

djohnson
    Participant

Step 1) Stop using Internet Explorer…:-)

It may be something that the YouTube Genius (r) did to stop you from pirating their videos…Just a thought…

Bing
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:

Per-Haps you can Ex-Plain this Pro-Cess to me.

Dave….I’m already moving in that direction….life simply sucks on dial up you know? I mean if sex was like dial up it would take you 45 minutes to touch a boob 15 minutes to know if she liked it and 17 hours to talk her into anal with Bucho’s Goat.

Seriously guys, I really appreciate the help here. It’s a small nagging problem, but those are the ones that fucking get me the worst.

thx_1227
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    ….life simply sucks on dial up you know?

Bing, you will probably appreciate the lyrics to this song.

Bucho
    Participant

Wait a minute … you can rip youtube videos to your hard-drive?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Pa-ul wrote:

Get a hold of the latest Firefox, I think it’s 2.0.0.9, and then go to the extensions section of the Firefox site.

I just clicked on Video Downloader, and now it gives me the option to download the video from YouTube, Google and so on.
    I did have a converter, where all I did was copy and paste the url to the page and it downloaded the flv and converted it to either an AVI or MOV file.

Bucho
    Participant

Damn, that’s pretty cool Pa-ul.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

djohnson
    Participant

If you’re on a Mac, there are two or 3 different programs where you give it the URL to the video you want and it downloads it, converts it and stuffs it into an iTunes playlist for you. It’s probably a bit easier since they’ve started using H.264 to encode the YouTube videos.

Octavious
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how to fix my 1st generation iPod Nano’s headphone jack. I am getting only the right side.

djohnson
    Participant

First: be sure it’s the jack and not just an old janky pair of headphones in need of replacement.

Second: If it is the jack, you’ll want to see if you can find somewhere to buy the sturdy plastic tools used for prying the thing apart. after that…..It’s solderin’ time!

Bing
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Bing wrote:
    Pa-ul wrote:

Get a hold of the latest Firefox, I think it’s 2.0.0.9, and then go to the extensions section of the Firefox site.

I just clicked on Video Downloader, and now it gives me the option to download the video from YouTube, Google and so on.
    I did have a converter, where all I did was copy and paste the url to the page and it downloaded the flv and converted it to either an AVI or MOV file.

Bingo! (no pun intended)

Thanks Dave and Pa-ul…this was one of those things that was driving me CRAZY trying to figure out. I really appreciate the help from you both

Verbal Fellatio
    Virtual Pat on the Back
    Pretend gift basket and/or stripper dance

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Pretend stripper dance

Pretend roll of pennies for the dance 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.