:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

• Comments Off on Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hum, wonder if Rob will dress up like one of the Harry Potter characters (I’ve seen so many on the AP wire tonight) and stay out in front of the neighborhood bookstore to get his last copy. Granted, I already downloaded the pdf … I mean … a friend of mine downloaded it, yeah, that’s it.

So, where will Rob be? And if he is going to get the book at 12:01, what character will be dressed as? Taking all bets..

YouFollowMe
    Participant

Well, I personally think that Rob will be jerking it in the book store bathroom at 12:01, just cause new Harry Potter books make him excited.

If he was a character though, I think he’d dress up as Hagrid, just so he could be loud and obnoxious.

Frank
    Participant
    YouFollowMe? wrote:
    I think he’d dress up as Hagrid, just so he could be loud and obnoxious.

Ouch, that’s kinda harsh. Poor guy’s not even here to defend himself.

rob
    Participant

Oh, I saw it — I’m not tall enough for Hagrid. Probably someone in the background somewhere is who I’d pick.

Bucho
    Participant

Oh yeah, the young witch maid from Prisoner Of Azkaban, I hear you brother. I’m going as Aunt Magda.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

I was really surprised — I went to the Wal-Mart close to me — even though I fuckin’ hate Wal-Mart, I decided that it probably wouldn’t be that busy, since it’s kind of a po-dunk kinda hick town. Boy was I wrong — they had a huge stack of them, and it looked like (at about 12:05) that they had gone through half of them. Sure there’s more, but it was still amazing. Just gobs of people. There was a dork in front of me with two books and a copy of the Jim Dale audiobooks — I thought about asking him if he planned on reading the book twice or something, but the guy looked so homely and, well, fuckin’ dorky, that I didn’t speak a word.

By 12:22, I was on the road, back to the house. It’s now 3:00 am and I’m dog-fuckin’ tired. I’ve read 136 pages in about two hours, and what a beginning!

The movie for this one is gonna be amazing. It’s really going to be something.

YouFollowMe
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    YouFollowMe? wrote:
    I think he’d dress up as Hagrid, just so he could be loud and obnoxious.

Ouch, that’s kinda harsh. Poor guy’s not even here to defend himself.

I meant loud and obnoxious in the most loving sort of way. After all, without Rob, SOS would be roughly 40% quieter and boring.

rob
    Participant

Yeah — people kept trying to read the first few pages, and I kept yelling, “LUKE! LUUUKE!”

rob
    Participant

Well, I’m done. And it was everything it should have been.

Bucho
    Participant

You mean it had words in it and it was kind of papery and cardboardy? And a little sticky?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I’m on page 570, and it’s pretty damn good. I gotta work at 1 though, so I have to wait to finish it.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I finished it, and it was really amazing. The movie for this should be incredible, as long as they don’t screw it up. Crap, I don’t know what I’m going to read now. I mean, there’s plenty of other books, but nothing will really ever be the same. I first read Harry Potter when I was 7, now I’m 16. That’s a good chunk o’ life right there.

rob
    Participant

I read a lot of that kind of thing last night when I finished — I also hope that Harry Potter won’t be the last time I’m hooked on something so rewarding.

Frank
    Participant

It kills me that that Rowling is a billionaire now after writing only six books, much less what she’s going to get on this last book (FYI, it’s sold more than 8 million copies so far in the U.S. alone). I start to sit back and think, as someone who loves writing, “Why can’t I fucking do this?!?!”

Octavious
    Participant

First, Rob you didn’t tell the kid to get Steve Fry?

Second, your done? Wow! I am on page 21. But by the end of the weekend I should be done with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.