:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

switched:ON and the state of comedy…

• Comments Off on switched:ON and the state of comedy…

switched:ON and the state of comedy…

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge switched:ON and the state of comedy…

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

KOTH’s animations are incredible for what they are, and the character designs have never bothered me – they can provide for some good facial expressions when a situation calls for it. I don’t really understand why you get the feel you get from that.

I can also say that Family Guy’s animations are terrible and inconsistent, and the character designs are stiff and boring. The faces allow for about three facial expressions.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s because the writing it what’s funny, unlike KOTH in my opinion. The great thing about opinions is they can vary and it’s okay. But I think I’m on the winning team this time, just look at their ratings, their syndication and re-run value. πŸ™‚

Sorry Rusty, I had to pull the rug out from under you on this one. I’m usually in the minority on what sucks and what’s good, and people always get to get me on stuff like that. πŸ˜›

El Rustirino
    Participant

I know you’ve said at least once that people like shit. Lots of people watch shit TV, lots of people listen to shit music. The show’s ratings doesn’t mean you win. There are many really good shows that get terrible ratings. I think this is just a matter of opinion.

But never try to get me onto Family Guy. I gave that show many chances, and every time, I hated the ever loving shit out of it. Sorry.

Version3
    Keymaster

Rusty, you have a bad habit of getting way to wrapped up in the emotional aspect of your posts on this board. Chill out dude.

What you are attempting to put into play about my comments of the general population, don’t necessary apply to the case I made before. Both TFG and KOTH compete for a segment of the population. That segment is much more like minded to people like us on this board, than just the general population. The actions and tastes of this segment are not necessarily summed up by the average of all people sucking. TFG doesn’t have a 80% share, not even in it’s target demographic… it’s a very small piece of the target demographic. Much the same with KOTH.

Those that are represented by those ratings, surveys and general enthusiasm for these two shows are a segment of the population that by my judgement (and probably others, but we’ll leave it to mine since you brought a summary of my general people philosophy in) that don’t suck quite as bad, and don’t just like shit. They probably like a balance of shit and sensible stuff.

From my point of view, my point makes perfect sense… and KOTH still sucks. πŸ˜€ I don’t see how my point that I like it (as do others here) is trying to “get you on it”, I don’t care if anyone else watches it or not. I don’t even get to watch that much. But I must say, as similar as SOS gets to that show at times, it surprises me that any of our listeners wouldn’t like that show, much less very vocally despise it.

BTW: Those movies that Rob mentioned not liking at all… the Apatow flix of late.. yeah, I’ve watched them. I even laugh at them. I think they are funny. Not as funny as the average free moving bag of water does, but I think they are funnier than he does. It doesn’t upset me, and I don’t feel the need to defend them. They aren’t genius or anything.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Well, I wasn’t trying to say you were trying to get me onto it, it was more of a statement to say that I had at least tried to like it, because I heard many good things about the show. Just didn’t do it for me.

But, no, I honestly don’t care what shows we disagree on. Hell, there have been many times when I’ve seen you post about something you hate that I like. I dunno.

In any case, it doesn’t…really, yanno, matter. I don’t know why I like SOS so much and dislike family guy so much. You guys are just a lot funnier, in my opinion. I think this pretty much boils down to opinions.

Bucho
    Participant

I like Futurama.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

Is this just about animated shows are are we allowed to discuss our love/hate with “real” shows.

I mean the simpsons have been on for like what, 20 years…I’ve never even seen a full episode.

And really people, for the love of fuck WHO the hell is keeping American Idol on TV? I’d rather watch the most horribly written sitcom over that piece of worthless crap.

And would someone please, PLEASE drop some napalm on the “Big Brother” house so I don’t have to listen to 1 hour of douche-bags fucking WHISPERING to each other! Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be working on the pc and have to hear…just out of range….the sound of people fucking whispering for a goddamn HOUR!……no shit, I’d rather listen to someone pee non-stop than that crap.

Can’t watch the news either….I have never watched local news for obvious reasons, but shit like CNN and FOX are doing such short stories that for those of us with attention spans longer than 2 minutes we can’t handle the barrage of bullshit stories no one gives a shit about. Why the fuck is Angelina Jolie and her Mick Jagger fug lips on CNN just as much as Entertainment Tonight…

So when it comes to watching tv with me, either let me have the remote or the earplugs…I don’t care which.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Simpsons can be funny.

What really pisses me off that’s on TV right now is TMZ. I don’t know if you guys have that right now, it may just be in the LA and surrounding areas, but it’s basically the stupidest shit to ever have been shat by Fox, and that’s saying something.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s on constantly everywhere. I hate that people are so fucking wrapped up in what “famous” people are up to, or any of the style of television that the fascination spawns.

Bucho
    Participant

What are the best non-animated shows on American TV right now? Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, 30 Rock, Entourage, Sealab 2021, The American Office?

Bing
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    What are the best non-animated shows on American TV right now? Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, 30 Rock, Entourage, Sealab 2021, The American Office?

Best in ratings are the crap reality shows like American Idol and stuff like that.

IMO, the best shows are cable shows like The Shield, Rescue Me, The Riches, things like that.

Oh shit and I almost forgot (flog me) Battlestar Galactica…awesome show.

Bucho
    Participant

What about comedies? What’s the funniest stuff around?

Bing
    Participant

Well in my opinion I would say the best american comedy is in the animation shows….we’ve had some innovative shit in cable that only lasted a few seasons and then were cancelled. And we have some now that may last long enough to become something bigger. But right now the US seems to be in more of a Um…yeah (read it like Eddie Izzard) state of mind which means our comedy is not at its best, because of..

YOU COMMIE ISLAMIC MOTHERLESS HERMAPHRODITE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry the Patriot Act just hijacked my shit

What I meant to say that was we can’t wait for a fresh episode of Survivor: Naked in New Zealand – The Sitcom

Bucho
    Participant

Shit, you guys make it sound really grim. Now I’m bummed out about the state of American comedy and I don’t even live there.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.