:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Switched on Show: The Commercial

• Comments Off on Switched on Show: The Commercial

Switched on Show: The Commercial

Latest Replies Forums Show Comments and Feedback Switched on Show: The Commercial

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant

Well now that the spot is up on the page I just want to say Kudos to the boys for a fine piece ‘o work! Making TV commercials is 90% of my job so I was geeking out over the possibility to give my opinion on a bona-fide SOS spot. (show 125-B) I think Rob is perfect as the everyman who is the butt of the joke, he totally kicks that “PC” guys ass (from the apple spots). Jerry’s as cool and confident as can be (he evens get the GIRL!!). Annie (sp?) is hotter’n hell as you would expect..although some dialogue would’ve been great (no room in the spot though). And Captain Bryan in drag is laugh out loud terrific (nice sandles btw). Looks like he probably gave Rob one hell of a bruise on the ass with that smack too! I must say that the end of the spot is my worst prison nightmare come true…probably Rob’s too!

All in all a damn good piece of work in my opinion. My only complaint is now I want more, more switched on videos, more switched on commercials..more, more, MORE!!!

Anyone who has ever tried to chroma key out a greenscreen can understand how frustrating that shot had to have been to pull off…nice job mon capitan…nice job.

so..anyone else want more SOS-TV?

Version3
    Keymaster

I have ideas in the works… this one of course was a work project.

The keying was harder than the normal, because we had a shit light job going on it, and we couldn’t find seamless white paper anywhere. Add to that a retarded deadline, and this is what we’ve got. I promise, I do better work.

Speaking of rush jobs, so we are at this Radiate Summit where these things ran, and someone hits me up to do a quick spot for them… they are a sports promotions company, and want to use footage from Glen Gary, Glen Ross?!? Uh, okay. So midnight I have this crazy idea about a semi-psychotic salesman running this company, and what goes on in his mind as he gets himself ready to go out on sales calls, or a slashing spree. A pair of hours to sleep, and this was my submission that had to run at 7am that morning.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlYRdVxOv0

Version3
    Keymaster

Ah, speaking of YouTube, please feel free to whore this one up as much as you want as created by the SOS crew. I decided to not just have it in the feed, and push it out to You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9eGK_YSzCE

Octavious
    Participant

I am still finding the words… by the way nice commercial ad.

Bucho
    Participant

Holy crap that’s fun to watch. Tonight when I say my prayers I’m doing an extra one that you guys get paid to do that shit full time, and real soon. I liked the Connexions ad too, but then I dig the hell out of that movie.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

A-B-C

1st place: An iPod shuffle
    2nd place: Sitting on Paw-Paw’s lap.
    3rd place: Being fondled by John Day of Blimpie Subs on Gaylord Parkway.

Version3
    Keymaster

I just hope that despite the fact that I tried to make it funny, I’m quite serious about going after Blimpie for this… hell, cancel the iPod if needed, and I’ll just make it cash. I don’t care, get that fucker!

Bing
    Participant

Patience young Jedi..plans are in motion.

Octavious
    Participant

Yes, Bing, any Force user Jedi or Sith, especially Sith will tell you that patience will pay off. And soon we will have Revenge.

cinemafreak
    Participant

So, who were the hot chicks in the Mango ad?

ROSS
    Participant

You guys have really outdone yourselves this time, that Mango ad is frickin awesome! One of the funniest things Ive seen in a long time. And Brian, that bit at the end there was hillarious! You guys kick ass!

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m the hot chick at the very end (ha!) but the actual one, next to Jerry is Annie.

djohnson
    Participant

The one thing that nobody is talking about here is the fact that Jerry looks like a completely different person….again!

What is up with Jerry that he looks like a completely different person in EVERY picture?

Octavious
    Participant

I know, I had to play that video 3 times to make sure that was him. Matter-of-fact Rob looked different too. He shaved and looked like Jared’s brother.

Version3
    Keymaster

Both of them changed their hair and basic look for this thing, but yeah everyone says that Jerry looks totally different. I guess I look like me, only hotter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.