:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Suggestions on life

• Comments Off on Suggestions on life

Suggestions on life

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Suggestions on life

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Not my life, the life of the board. Suggestions on breathing some more life back into this place? It needs to be much busier with the activity, and the chatting, and the making me laugh. The office I work in is interesting, but personality-dead.

digitaltopia
    Participant

The best way to breathe more life into the board would be to start doing the show regularly again of course, but I know that’s not the easiest thing to do.

So instead, maybe when you fellers do your individual podcasts you should start mentioning the boards and start promoting your podcasts more. I think attaching the boards to some other sort of entertainment medium, rather than trying to get people to come to the boards simply for the sake of the boards themselves, would be much more successful.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, typically having a common point of interest is what makes a board succeed… cars, a particular hobby or industry, community, podcast, etc. But why can’t the fact that most people suck be a common enough theme to draw a crowd here? We could modify the purpose a bit, tie SOS-of-the-past, all three shows and whatnot to the board, but in a less center stage kind of way.

Bing
    Participant

Well I assume you mean how to get more people on (not just all of us posting more times). Yeah I think group shows are the best bet for getting new blood in, like digi said it may not be the easiest solution but we all know it would work.

I know you have said before you never wanted this to sound like a morning drive show and I REALLY don’t think you guys should worry about that, the comedy is from listening to you guys not jokes on a page. That doesn’t mean you can’t do skit comedy though…your music shows could be called skits, the prank calls, etc.

Throwing a curve ball to this audience will more than likely be accepted and may draw in new listeners, but content is key the more SOS is here and the more SOS’ers will come.

Just please…PLEASE…ease up on the pictures of Robbie, damn that dude is fugly.

Rob for Prez, cause I’m gay for him in a non gay way.

(thanks for the small youtube video plug on the reunion show)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGr7ax5GBU

Bucho
    Participant

If you guys could record a four hour show once a month I would edit it into four separate shows that could go out weekly. I’m talking about not just cutting them into four parts willy-nilly, I mean editting them at obvious points where there are changes in subject and also cutting any lulls or flat spots out, kind of a reboot of the SOS-lite idea. Make up a pre-recorded intro and outro to tack on and you’d have something to push again.

I’ve already been doing that with the old shows, editting them in ways I feel like make them both more relistenable for myself and also more likely to hold the attention of new people I try to get into the show. When I’m done I’ll send you the whole lot to do whatever you want with and if there is going to be another push at promoting the show then using these edits as back catalogue could find an even greater audience than the first go round.

Regular content is one of the things podcast listeners are drawn to and more importantly is more likely to make them want to be part of any attatched community and contribute to the boards and the shows. Add in the solo shows released in between the main shows and there should be enough content to keep people coming back and energise things again.

Or am I talking monkey balls here?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, all of the show-centric stuff is well and good… I just have no idea what will happen there.

I was actually referring strictly to the board, because I stay engaged in message boards (I have for years now) and all of the other ones out there super suck. This one rules all, but is slow because of the limited pool of posters, and the perpetuated slowness that’s inherent from less posts (less to respond to or get involved with, means less posts overall).

So I guess to answers Bing’s question… I was really talking about the board. But I agree on most points about the show and such.

Bucho
    Participant

I’ve only been involved with a limited number of forums and the other three I regularly visit now are all based around a common point of interest and the off-topic conversations branch off of that. I think the fact that most people suck is unlikely to be a common enough theme to draw new people here for two reasons. One, most other boards have rant sections for people to let off steam so there’s no reason for them to go looking elsewhere for that, and two, no one will find the SOS boards because there’s nothing going out to draw them in.

Version3
    Keymaster

That of course assumes they remain SOS boards specifically… which now you’ve really led back to my point above. Thanks, sir.

Bucho
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    That of course assumes they remain SOS boards specifically …

True, but I can only go by that assumption because I couldn’t know of any other planned content that’s not SOS-centric (ie based on the audio output of you three fellas). That’s assuming the SOS banner includes the solo shows. But if you have something in mind to expand beyond what SOS has been so far then heckfire Captain, consider my curiosity piqued. I know I heard tell that you’ve been racking up the hours gaining experience in internet boobification. Could we dare to dream that new string to your bow going to fire a salvo or two this-a-way?

El Rustirino
    Participant

let people leave voicemails again

Version3
    Keymaster
    El Rustirino wrote:
    let me leave 473 voicemails per day again

Do you really think that will pump up the forums?

digitaltopia
    Participant

Not the best idea.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    El Rustirino wrote:
    let me leave 473 voicemails per day again

Do you really think that will pump up the forums?

Bryan, I learned my lesson. I’m almost 16, dude. I know how to handle the voicemail thing, trust me.

Every time I listen to 135, I think, damn, that was stupid, it’s 817-591-0356, not 817-LIF-STRY.

Nah, but more user interaction with the hosts would bring some activity.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Not to mention simple advertising. Posting your link on forums, including your link in various profile fields on various websites. Stuff like that should help.

Version3
    Keymaster

I agree, but I’m not sure if a defunct show that we all still like is still subject enough to promote. There are hours upon hours of content here, but people are generally of the “what have you done for me lately” mentality… seems to apply to content too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.