:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Stupid Star Wars joke

• Comments Off on Stupid Star Wars joke

Stupid Star Wars joke

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Stupid Star Wars joke

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

So I’m reading Death Star, a newer Star Wars novel, and in it one of the characters creates the alias Teh Roxxor. Ug.

Bing
    Participant

oh god no

no no no

please no……

someone please save star wars

digitaltopia
    Participant

There was another Internet-based joke I just read last night. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but it was another ug moment.

thx_1227
    Participant

I haven’t read Death Star yet, but most SW EU usually stays away from real life stuff. Usually.

*cough*hot chocolate in Heir to the Empire*cough*

digitaltopia
    Participant

There’s also a warm butt-load of references to the last prequel movie which is a bit different to read, because it seems to me the novels that came out before the prequels came out occasionally referenced some of the things that happened in Star Wars’s past, but not as specifically as they do now.

thx_1227
    Participant

Very true.

I’m just curious, how many of the novels have you read?

digitaltopia
    Participant

I can’t even remember. Off the top of my head, I’ve read all of the Tales of short story anthologies, the original X-Wing series, The Corellian Trilogy, and more that I can’t remember.

Bing
    Participant
    thx_1227 wrote:
    I haven’t read Death Star yet, but most SW EU usually stays away from real life stuff. Usually.

*cough*hot chocolate in Heir to the Empire*cough*

Oh that so made me cringe.

Like the rumored deleted line about a duck from ANH…

What’s next poo humor??!

digitaltopia
    Participant

Right now I’m on page 270 of Death Star, and it’s not very good. There are about five or six characters that the story keeps jumping among, exploring what’s going on around them through their points of view, but there’s no real cohesive story. Unless you’re a completest and what to get a deeper knowledge of the history of The Boobie, I’d recommend avoiding this one like Bubba avoids Bertha’s pies on possum night.

Version3
    Keymaster

I ready one set of Timothy Zahn books way back, and tried one or two random others; and just don’t like how other authors shoe-horn characters, familiar events, or old plot points into what often should be a completely stand-alone story in the SW universe. The vast majority of those just seem like publisher edited fan films to me. I have no interest in any of them.

But then, now that the movies are done, and Lucas has thoroughly cheapened the franchise, I’ve just taken a complete “I don’t really care” attitude toward it all. I really don’t care much about any of it.

And you can’t make me.

digitaltopia
    Participant

It’s very much that way with the Death Star book. Darth Vader spends quite a bit of time thinking about the days when he was Whineypants Skywalker, and another character keeps dreaming of Han Solo running around in the Death Star, and it just doesn’t work. It just doesn’t have the right feel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.