:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

State of the Show Address

• Comments Off on State of the Show Address

State of the Show Address

Latest Replies Forums Announcements State of the Show Address

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Well not really, it’s more of a REALLY short “what the fuck is going on?” response.

149 was recorded at the same time as 148. I’m working on getting the best quality out of the file, thought it suffers from the same issues 148 does. When I say “working” I mean I’m applying the Normalize RMS at this exact moment. It’s on it’s ways kids.

150 has NOT been recorded yet. However, it will not likely feature any listener contributions, so keep that in mind.

Now, as to why it’s been taking so long… it’s just super super busy issues, some of which weren’t just hurdles in terms of time, but technical hurdles as well. Here’s a quick chronological list:

1. I had to fight a LOT after 148/149’s entire day schedule
    2. I sent my MBP in for service on that FireWire port I’ve been bitching about. It was gone for a bit, so I had to migrate to one of my MacBooks
    3. Bought, configured, tested and deployed 4 computers, 2 cameras for a new program deliverable… one that our company has never done.
    4. Went to Atlanta to Beta test above program.
    5. Returned form Atlanta and moved the same day.
    6. Dealt for days will all of the stuff surrounding that move.
    7. Reconfigured the equipment for changes and automation, added 1 camera to the setup and tested it (keep in mind this is all while still managing my normal Creative Director workload, and missing zero days of work while not traveling).
    8. Went to New Jersey, and New York (2 events) to deploy, train and run the new program.
    9. Returned and rebuilt and delivered all other components for above program.
    10. Went to DC, Philly and Boston for the same program.
    11. Returned here to get the other projects back on track and complete other deliverables.

Now, that’s a short numbered list, but believe me, they represent an insane number of man hours done at 125% to 150% normal output speed while maintaining quality of work. It’s been a whip, one of the most tiring periods of my life.

But I still love the show, and our listeners too… so here I come back to things, and hopefully there are still enough of you around to enjoy the noisy, crazy fucking halarious-ness that is show One Four T Nein..

digitaltopia
    Participant

Good to have you back. I’ll get the lube.

Octavious
    Participant

Busy little bee.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, I feel like I need to sleep for 48 hours just from reading that.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Yeah, I feel like I need to sleep for 48 hours just from reading that.

Pretty much. You are a workin’ motherfucker Bryan. But it’s good to see you still care about us. 🙂

rob
    Participant

Glad someone does, Rusty, because I sure as hell don’t…

😉

El Rustirino
    Participant

Hmm. I just realized something.
    Rob, you know, we were worried about hearing from you when you announced the end of the show. But I’m more worried about Jerry. Sure, he has his website, but he almost never comes on to the forum, and his website is strictly business. I hope he gets that blog started soon – I would miss Jimmy. 🙁

rob
    Participant

That’s strange that you would think that — why would you think I would abandon this oh, so sweet, collection of great minds? Forums just aren’t Jerry’s thing, that’s all. It’s not like he doesn’t care. And, before this forum, I wasn’t a forum person, either, so it just goes to show you, if your grandmother’s a whore, then don’t take her to Vegas, because she’ll just charge up your credit card shmoozing all of the vagrants and hippies out there. Wait, what?

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    That’s strange that you would think that — why would you think I would abandon this oh, so sweet, collection of great minds? Forums just aren’t Jerry’s thing, that’s all. It’s not like he doesn’t care. And, before this forum, I wasn’t a forum person, either, so it just goes to show you, if your grandmother’s a whore, then don’t take her to Vegas, because she’ll just charge up your credit card shmoozing all of the vagrants and hippies out there. Wait, what?

Correction. If your grandmother’s a whore and you take her to Vegas, you’ll come back with much more money than you left with because of her working the street corners.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    rob wrote:

Well, the reason we were so worried about you is because we knew Bryan ran the site, so he would HAVE to check up on us once in a while (not that he wouldn’t want to, mind you), and we didn’t worry about Jerry, because he has his website that we can check for stuff about him. But you don’t really have a place where we can check on you, or so we thought. Now, I know I can (and so can everyone else) email you about useless junk, which I’m surprised you put up with, and you do come to the forums. Jerry, on the other hand, doesn’t really do much. But he has a space on his website reserved for his blog, and I hope he gets that started soon. I love his music, so I’ll definitely check his site frequently.

…Man, Bryan was right. Why couldn’t I ever send voicemails that sound thought out like this?

rob
    Participant

Why would you be surprised that I would respond? I always do…and it’s not like I’m so damn famous or some shit…

rob dot switchedonshow at gmail dot com

That’s the email address, if the forum’s not good enough for you. Rusty’s already used it — feel free, you guys.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Nah, I just don’t know many people who are willing to put up with me through email. Anyway. What were we talking about?

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Why would you be surprised that I would respond? I always do…and it’s not like I’m so damn famous or some shit…

rob dot switchedonshow at gmail dot com

That’s the email address, if the forum’s not good enough for you. Rusty’s already used it — feel free, you guys.

But everyone will have to wait until Rob’s finished deleting the 300+ e-mails he’s still sifting through.

Bing
    Participant

You know Bryan if you are that busy you should probably share the workload a bit….

Now let’s see, who do you know that is not working at the moment?

???hhmmm????

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.