:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Stardust

• Comments Off on Stardust

Stardust

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Stardust

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

I went and saw Stardust today, and I completely loved it. For those that don’t know, Stardust is based on the novel of the same name by Neil Gaiman.

I’ve always been of the opinion that when a movie is based on a good book, if it’s done well, it tends to have more complexity and depth than a movie that was just made to be a movie, and that definitely applies here. It’s the sort of movie that you just can’t explain in a sentence. When I came out of it, some girl asked me what it was about, and all I could do was shrug and say, “A bunch of things.” Sure there’s a main thrust of the movie, but there are a lot of characters, each with a different agenda, and the movie really pulls it off.

There’s lots of action, humor, emotions. It even deals with a few social issues.

Even though this is a fantasy movie, I think it appeals even to those that aren’t big fantasy fans. I saw some people that didn’t look like the normal type that would like fantasy talking about how good it was after. I even saw some guy that looked like he was more interested in sports than anything talking to someone else, saying how great the movie was and how it blew away every other movie he’s seen recently. So it definitely has a broad appeal.

Robert Deniro does a great job as the captain, and Michelle Pfeiffer plays a great witch. All the characters were really good and completely believable in their rolls. This is one I would definately recommend seeing, and I’m going to buy it the minute it’s available on DVD..

rob
    Participant

Which witch is which?

I’m curious to see it. I’ve heard good and bad things about it, but some of the best movies are the ones that heavily divide people.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Which witch is which?

I’m curious to see it. I’ve heard good and bad things about it, but some of the best movies are the ones that heavily divide people.

I also used the word “movie” way too many times. Oh well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.