:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Star Wars Clone Wars

• Comments Off on Star Wars Clone Wars

Star Wars Clone Wars

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Star Wars Clone Wars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    thx_1227
    Participant

It was announced on starwars.com that the show will air on Cartoon Network and TNT. They will also be putting out a theatrical release on August 15th:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html#rss_15066

Here is a new video that shows some new footage:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/623.html

20080212_2_bg.jpg

From Variety:

Quote:
    Animated ‘Star Wars’ to hit theaters
    Lucas’ 3-D project going bigscreen before small
    By DIANE GARRETT

‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’
    Feature toon ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ will bow in theaters Aug. 15, setting the stage for a spinoff skein on Cartoon Network and TNT.
    Another “Star Wars” tale is on its way to the bigscreen, but it won’t be distributed by Fox.

Lucasfilm has partnered with Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” a 3-D toon that will bow in theaters this August before moving to the smallscreen in the fall. The Aug. 15 feature will set the stage for the spinoff skein, which will bow on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. International release dates for the feature and TV series are still being set.

Multiplatform project is an expansion of the earlier “Clone Wars” microseries that aired on Cartoon Network. However, Fox’s homevid arm released those episodes on DVD, just as it has distributed every “Star Wars” theatrical release since 1977.

Lucasfilm said Warner Bros.’ cable and theatrical resources made it an especially good fit for the project. “We’re trying to do something unprecedented — marrying TV series and theatrical release,” a rep said.

Under this deal, Warner will release the film and TV skein on DVD.

Warner execs eagerly tracked the project throughout the development process, and decided to give the property a theatrical launch after seeing footage.

“I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t want it,” said Stuart Snyder, president and chief operating officer of Turner Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media, who said a theatrical launch “has always been contemplated as part of the process.”

The “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” movie is expected to run around 100 minutes and pick up between episode II and III. Anakin Skywalker is not yet Darth Vader. The story will then continue in 30-minute smallscreen installments.

George Lucas, who has revisited the property and time again over the decades, said he mounted this new spinoff because he “felt there were a lot more ‘Star Wars’ stories left to tell.” He said he wanted to tell them through animation, pushing the technology forward at the same time.

Lucas serves as exec producer on the project, which will primarily employ voice actors. The only original actors returning are Anthony Daniels as C3PO and Matthew Wood as General Grievous and the battledroids.

Dave Filoni is the helmer. Henry Gilroy, Scott Murphy and Steven Melching are the writers. Catherine Winder is producer.

Lucasfilm Animation has already produced more than 30 episodes in the TV skein, with production continuing in Singapore and Taiwan. On Tuesday, Lucasfilm is launching an online Web docu about the project at Starwars.com.

I AM STOKED!

Frank
    Participant

It’s funny you bring this up. I was watching the old Clone Wars cartoons last night and really sat back and enjoyed how, even though it was a cartoon, how well it was done from chapter to chapter.

That being said, I’m excited about this coming out (as a Star Wars fan, that’s required of me) but I’m not too keen on the cheesy 3D, scale-model looking characters in this. When it was the cartoon, it was understood and I thought the animation in that was amazing. This, though, for whatever reason, just seems odd and out of place to me. Why couldn’t they have done it like the cartoons instead of the 3D animation?

Lucas will continue to drain money from me (like he always has) but I’m still not sold on that aspect of it yet. For whatever reason, it sort of bothers me that it’s 3D animation.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s really weird to see that this is nearly here. Star Wars is a crazy huge franchise.

rob
    Participant

Hey, Bryan and Jerry — do you have trouble with that footage? Mine keeps pausing, even after I let it load. Generally, I can’t stand web video for that reason. At least Youtube has a status bar that lets you see how much has been downloaded.

It looks pretty cool, though. Is this something we would actually pay to go see? I think so.

thx_1227
    Participant

I will definitely be going to see it.

Oh, and am I the only one that hates this flash crap on sw.com? Bring back Quicktime…

Version3
    Keymaster

I’d add though that I probably would have felt like Frank if this had come out quickly after Ep III, but now I feel like my childhood dreams of more Star Wars have been filled, and filed and now I’ll just take whatever they want to throw out there. I don’t want to invest anything else in the series, so I have no expectations at this point. As long as their are Jedi, and lightsabers I’m good.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yes Rob, problems with the player. I wish they would get Flash for OSX fixed!

but, QT files would be so much better. Dynamic Flash is easier from a coding and backend standpoint.

rob
    Participant

I’m just glad that I’m not the only one that has this problem.

thx_1227
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    I wish they would get Flash for OSX fixed!

No kidding, my fan starts running whenever I play one…

The only part of this I’m not sure about is Anakin’s padawan. Just the fact that she hasn’t been mentioned in the movies or any of the books bothers me…

rob
    Participant

But this is canon! Eh, fuck it. I’m just not going to expect much.

Octavious
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    It’s funny you bring this up. I was watching the old Clone Wars cartoons last night and really sat back and enjoyed how, even though it was a cartoon, how well it was done from chapter to chapter.

That being said, I’m excited about this coming out (as a Star Wars fan, that’s required of me) but I’m not too keen on the cheesy 3D, scale-model looking characters in this. When it was the cartoon, it was understood and I thought the animation in that was amazing. This, though, for whatever reason, just seems odd and out of place to me. Why couldn’t they have done it like the cartoons instead of the 3D animation?

Lucas will continue to drain money from me (like he always has) but I’m still not sold on that aspect of it yet. For whatever reason, it sort of bothers me that it’s 3D animation.

I think that 3-D is better than cartoon. One thing though Anakin doesn’t really look like Hayden Christensen. And two, I said it before, I am a Lucas whore and I will buy this when it comes on Blu-Ray.

Frank
    Participant

Who amongst us isn’t a Lucas whore, raise your hand. I believe we’ve all be turned into that.

Octavious
    Participant

But the question is, do you like saying that you are a Lucas whore.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Frank wrote:

I think that 3-D is better than cartoon. One thing though Anakin doesn’t really look like Hayden Christensen. And two, I said it before, I am a Lucas whore and I will buy this when it comes on Blu-Ray.

That’s a good thing though. Maybe I can finally start getting a bit of respect back for Anakin / Darth Vader. And I’m also glad it’s in 3D. I dig it more than a regular cartoon… it has a lot more depth to it visually… and I think it’s cool.

thx_1227
    Participant

New Hi-Rez poster:

poster1ed0.th.jpg

From what I hear, the new trailer is supposed to air today (May 8th) at 7:58 p.m. in all U.S. time zones at Cartoon Network, TNT, TBS, CNN, and Boomerang.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.