:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Star Wars Chatter

Star Wars Chatter

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Star Wars Chatter

This topic contains 295 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 286 through 296 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

His “field notes” are also fascinating to me

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-EnAAGNilzMoXWTqBQYog/videos

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Video was awesome.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Remember when Twitter was awash with vids setting the TLJ throne room scene to pop songs?

Because I am a genius, I made a vid setting the TLJ throne room scene to a whole bunch of songs from Ween’s magnificent album “The Mollusk”.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I’ve never heard any of these songs before.  I think the last one worked the best for timing and shit, but some of those songs were…interesting.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

It gets addictive once you start. Just throwing various songs at it and being amused when certain beats/lyrics/solos/breaks line up with certain beats in the action of the scene. I tried it with a bunch of other stuff before hitting on the idea to do all songs off one album.

The stuff with the uberpopular past and present pop and classic rock songs peeps were doing a few months ago was cute, but for me it’s way more fun to throw something … interesting … like Ween at the scene.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You guys seen this puppy?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I saw Star Wars Episode IV: Star Wars once again on May the 4th by the way.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

On the big screen.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

With the score played by live symphony orchestra.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I just showed that scene to April. It’s really interesting. He’s so much angrier, almost like the way he fights in ESB when he comes out of nowhere. Kinda weird that I liked his mannerisms and everything more than the Rogue One scene. He seemed to be just going through the motions, although you could argue that it was just against normies, not forcies, so he could just walk through it.

That is pretty cool about IV with a live orchestra. I did something like that a while back, although it wasn’t the whole movie. It was sort of like a collection of scenes and songs and stuff. Very cool, but weird, in that it’s almost distracting to hear those little variances that really stick out when it’s played live. And I think we did a regular orchestra thing with Jerry, I think? I dunno, it was frickin’ years ago. Super cool though.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

The only other experience I’ve had like that was seeing Raiders with live orchestra a few years ago, which was magical too.

The thing which stood out the most for me wasn’t the changes per se, but really noticing how much of the film has no score.

Viewing 11 posts - 286 through 296 (of 296 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.