:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Star Wars at work

• Comments Off on Star Wars at work

Star Wars at work

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Star Wars at work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant

Check this out. This whole week I have been on cloud 9 (Bespin). The VP is having this Star Wars motivation contest thing for the sales dept. They asked me to help out with the WHOLE thing. Every Thursday for the next 3 weeks, at the end of the day, episodes 4, 5 and 6 will be played on a nice big screen.

Next the teams had pick a planet to represent. For example: the marketing dept. is Coruscant, my dept (I picked it). So everybody came to me and another Star Wars fan in the company for insight. They’re naming; all managers are Jedi Knights, the rest padawans. The VP is the Master Jedi. Well I was in charge of designing and making buttons. And yes, I made a special one for the one and only Darth Octavious. Now the amazing part. The VP asked the elder, senior co-worker, the other SW fan, to buy SW collectables. After picking some masks and little things, we threw in a Jedi robe ($100) and 2 $100 FX Lightsabers. The total came to $723 including tax. We presented it to the VP, the VP looks at it for about 10 seconds and said okay get it. Both of our eyes were bigger than dinner plates, and as we left and out of sight, going to my office we were jumping up and down like little kids. Awesome week.

Octavious
    Participant

Check this out. This whole week I have been on cloud 9 (Bespin). The VP is having this Star Wars motivation contest thing for the sales dept. They asked me to help out with the WHOLE thing. Every Thursday for the next 3 weeks, at the end of the day, episodes 4, 5 and 6 will be played on a nice big screen.

Next the teams had pick a planet to represent. For example: the marketing dept. is Coruscant, my dept (I picked it). So everybody came to me and another Star Wars fan in the company for insight. They’re naming; all managers are Jedi Knights, the rest padawans. The VP is the Master Jedi. Well I was in charge of designing and making buttons. And yes, I made a special one for the one and only Darth Octavious. Now the amazing part. The VP asked the elder, senior co-worker, the other SW fan, to buy SW collectables. After picking some masks and little things, we threw in a Jedi robe ($100) and 2 $100 FX Lightsabers. The total came to $723 including tax. We presented it to the VP, the VP looks at it for about 10 seconds and said okay get it. Both of our eyes were bigger than dinner plates, and as we left and out of sight, going to my office we were jumping up and down like little kids. Awesome week.

Bing
    Participant

I think you found your new job Frank

Bing
    Participant

I think you found your new job Frank

rob
    Participant

Can I play too? Ain’t got nothing better to do…

rob
    Participant

Can I play too? Ain’t got nothing better to do…

Dr Deviant
    Participant

Larvley!! .. We never get to play any fun games in our office…. only pocket billiards 🙁

Dr Deviant
    Participant

Larvley!! .. We never get to play any fun games in our office…. only pocket billiards 🙁

Octavious
    Participant

I can’t believe I am saying this but SW at work is gay. Meaning, after some certain sales thing, the marketing dept. (invovles yours truly) has to film some kind of video. Let me better explain. One of the sales staff puts on the Jedi robe while the SW theme is played and they have to grab the FX Replica Lightsaber and “fight” “show off their skills” to the person that is holding the video camera.

Octavious
    Participant

I can’t believe I am saying this but SW at work is gay. Meaning, after some certain sales thing, the marketing dept. (invovles yours truly) has to film some kind of video. Let me better explain. One of the sales staff puts on the Jedi robe while the SW theme is played and they have to grab the FX Replica Lightsaber and “fight” “show off their skills” to the person that is holding the video camera.

Bucho
    Participant

Hahaa, the only way to do it with any dignity is to exaggerate the shit out of it and have a laugh dude. Like, go on a padawan killing rampage a la ROTS and lay waste to the entire office. Maybe it won’t be the best thing for staff relations but it’d be funny as hell. Then at the end, throw your boss down a big hole in the floor.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

Hahaa, the only way to do it with any dignity is to exaggerate the shit out of it and have a laugh dude. Like, go on a padawan killing rampage a la ROTS and lay waste to the entire office. Maybe it won’t be the best thing for staff relations but it’d be funny as hell. Then at the end, throw your boss down a big hole in the floor.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

No, you’ll really have to go farther than that… try fighting for a moment, and then saber humping someone on the phone, a la Happy Gilmore.

Version3
    Keymaster

No, you’ll really have to go farther than that… try fighting for a moment, and then saber humping someone on the phone, a la Happy Gilmore.

Octavious
    Participant

Fuckin Funny! What a great pic that would be!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.