:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Star Trek casting!!!

• Comments Off on Star Trek casting!!!

Star Trek casting!!!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Star Trek casting!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Okay, so Sylar (from Heroes) is Spock, Eric Bana plays a bad guy, Harold (from Harold & Kumar) plays long-dong Sulu, the big news for me is that Simon Fucking Pegg is Scotty. That’s right — Shaun of the Fucking Dead! What great casting!

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, that means the movie is going to suck. Not in the classic Shatner can’t act suck… it’s going to be The Voyage Home suck.

Bing
    Participant

Keep Rick Berman away from it and we might have a chance…

Let’s just hope it is 1% as cool as the new Battlestar Galactica

rob
    Participant

I, for the most part, hate Star Trek. Some of it’s mildly entertaining, but most of it reminds me of Conan — “16 X 9, Conan!”

In other words, it’s a little on the geeky side of sci-fi.

I have high hopes for it, though. I like JJ Abrams. As long as it’s not Final Frontier bad.

Bucho
    Participant

The original series and the films 2 and 3 I like but not to the point I own any of it on dvd. In fact I don’t think I’ve seen any of the other films. I like the ridiculousness of the series and those two films are pretty cool. Except for the Picard series the offshoots bored the piss out of me and I can’t get excited about a remake of the old charatcers by new actors, it’s not the stories or the universe that was entertaining in the first place, it was those actors.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

El Rustirino
    Participant

The perfect sick day for me is laying on the couch and watching a Star Trek (v1) marathon on Sci-Fi. For whatever reason, that show’s great for it. Or MST3K, but that show I can watch any day.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    rob wrote:

That it may be, but, if you look deep down how many breakthroughs and ideas have originated from Star-Trek, you would be amazed (I was).

For example, what was the first space shuttle called?, where did doctors come up with the idea for hypo-sprays and worst of all, do you know what Stephen Hawkings is working on at the moment?

It gets a little spooky.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Bucho
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    rob wrote:

That it may be, but, if you look deep down how many breakthroughs and ideas have originated from Star-Trek, you would be amazed (I was).

For example, what was the first space shuttle called?, where did doctors come up with the idea for hypo-sprays and worst of all, do you know what Stephen Hawkings is working on at the moment?

It gets a little spooky.

Spooky, but in a very sexy way?

Bing
    Participant

I Grock Spock

digitaltopia
    Participant

To be honest, I’ve always liked Star Trek (except for the last Enterprise series), but I think these prequels that the Star Trek people keep getting stuck on doing are really stupid (such as, well, Enterprise). I want to see the storyline continue and advance from where it left off in Voyager, not keep going back and doing prequels. Besides that, even though I know some people like him, Sylar, both the character and the actor that plays him, really, really annoys me. I don’t think I can enjoy any movie that has him as one of the main characters. I’d be too busy wanting to see a flying boot connect with his face at rapid velocities to be able to enjoy the show.

Bucho
    Participant
    digitaltopia wrote:
    To be honest, I’ve always liked Star Trek (except for the last Enterprise series), but I think these prequels that the Star Trek people keep getting stuck on doing are really stupid (such as, well, Enterprise). I want to see the storyline continue and advance from where it left off in Voyager, not keep going back and doing prequels. Besides that, even though I know some people like him, Sylar, both the character and the actor that plays him, really, really annoys me. I don’t think I can enjoy any movie that has him as one of the main characters. I’d be too busy wanting to see a flying boot connect with his face at rapid velocities to be able to enjoy the show.

I like that. Especially if that boot’s on Ohura’s flying foot. And Ohura’s played by Serena Williams.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.