:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

St. Valentine’s Rant

• Comments Off on St. Valentine’s Rant

St. Valentine’s Rant

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge St. Valentine’s Rant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant

Before I get into the rant, what guy gets balloons from his wife? One of the people that I work with got balloons. Not just any balloons, but balloons that are ridiculously big. One of the balloons was shaped like a crescent moon and (no joking we measured) was 4 feet big. WTF!

This morning I get into my car, that has been already started, because its fucking cold up here. Put the car in reverse and the car goes no where, tires are spinning. Ok. I started to rock back-and-forth to get out. A couple minutes later, I am still in the same spot. I get out to check and the ice isn’t melting and I am in some kinda tire groove because the asphalt hasn’t been cured. I try again and my fucking father-in-law finally comes out and gets the rock salt. What an asshole! The rock has never been use, so what’s the fucking point. The rock salt never work, wasn’t going too. I get some 2x4s, that didn’t work. Then finally, I get a hoe and start chopping the ice and I realized that the main problem was that the slush from last night (a huge glop, both side of the tires) fell and froze. Once I took care of that, back my car and I was in business.

As I was leaving, I saw my asshole father-in-law “sprinkle” the rock salt. I just got home and the motherfucker had nothing do to today instead of sitting there and become a vegetable, didn’t really use the rock salt and never fucking shoveled! Our neighbor did, the guy across street did, the old German across the way did and there driveways are fucking beautiful, not my father-in-law. Fuck him.

BTW, for all you pervs, I will be getting some tonite. And we are watching The Bucket List.

Version3
    Keymaster
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    BTW, for all you pervs, I will be getting some tonite.

Well take lots of pictures (insert Rob laugh here)

rob
    Participant

There can’t be many people who get laid because of the Bucket List.

Frank
    Participant

Or for some of us, today is what we like to call “Singles Awareness Day.”

And, for the record, I know I’ll be getting some when I get home. Hey, if you want something done right, some times you just have to do it yourself.

Octavious
    Participant
    rob wrote:

No, your right but the its the wife that wanted to watch it, which means, you let do me do this and I’ll give you sex.

By the way, didn’t see any movie because it seemed that everybody in the city decided to go, parking was fucking unbelieveable, especially one douche bag (hope someone take a bat to his fucking truck). Can’t wait when there would be a time when new theaterical movies can be downloaded from the home.

Anyway, the wife and I had a great dinner and some time alone from the kid.

El Rustirino
    Participant

For Valentine’s day, my girlfriend told me I wasn’t the guy she thought I was and broke up with me.

Version3
    Keymaster

She thought you were El Nacho too huh?

El Rustirino
    Participant

That was funny, man

…well, when I started going ABIGIGGGGGABBBLABLLHREEEEEE I think she started getting suspicious

rob
    Participant

I hate those stupid bitches. You should metaphorically scissor-kick her in the back of the head, Rusty.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Metaphorically? You mean, should I imply it?

Frank
    Participant

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Then again, not having a girlfriend (or significant other to speak of) makes Valentine’s Day all the more shitty. It just makes you more aware that you’re fucking lonely. And (here comes my rant) …

Why the fuck is it that basically everyone I knew yesterday either emailed me, called me or sent me a text message saying “Happy Valentine’s Day!” Why the fuck would I care? If I was in a relationship, maybe I can see it, but this isn’t Christmas or some other holiday where you wish tidings of great cheer. It’s fucking Valentine’s Day. The day where single people outwardly hate all of those who parade their relationships. It’s fucked up is what is it. Even if you’re in a relationship, why is it that one day trumps all other days? It’s like you have to be specially romantic on Feb. 14 and forget the rest of the year? What the fuck is that all about? And then, and then … they fucking cancel Bionic Woman. Short of me buying my Switched On shirt (with the $5’s off, which basically covered the shipping) this week has fucking sucked huge sweaty elephant balls.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s about consumerism, and making women feel important. It’s not about appreciating your significant other anymore. For that matter, nobody should care about that day long enough for it to be nearly forgotten, then remembered again with some degree of value.

No wait, come to think of it, holidays suck in general.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:

Old and wrinkly just does it for some people.

El Rustirino
    Participant

My take on it is, yeah, it’s all consumer. But I don’t see what whining about it is going to do, besides getting everyone, who actually appreciates Valentine’s day as a day to spend with your significant other, down. Not saying that it’s wrong to think that it’s a stupid holiday, but complaining about it is not gonna get anyone anywhere.

rob
    Participant

Rusty, some of us find complaining a healthy way to get things off our chests. Do you think for one second that my lesbian rant on show 153 changed anything? Hells, no! But it made me feel better. And sometimes, that’s okay, even if it is ultimately useless.

Let’s ask this — do you actually enjoy Valentine’s Day? Maybe you do, I don’t know. But if you do, did it get you down by reading Frank’s or any other post? No? Well, then, I could jump to the conclusion that your comment, and not Frank’s, was the comment that didn’t get anyone anywhere.

It is you who are mistaken. About a great…

many…

things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.