:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Spider-Man Far Far (Away) From Home

• Comments Off on Spider-Man Far Far (Away) From Home

Spider-Man Far Far (Away) From Home

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Spider-Man Far Far (Away) From Home

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

So, what do we think about the trailer?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

After seeing Spiderverse? Kind of boring to be honest. Spiderverse felt so fresh and energetic and inspired it makes this Far From Home trailer look real, real stock.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

I guess I need to off my ass and watch Spiderverse.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You need to get your ass to the choppah, and then get that choppah to Spiderverse.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

As do I. I still think that the new Spider-Man trailer looks like it’s going to be a ton of fun. I don’t think the story will be terribly compelling, but I think it will be more of the same from the Marvel camp, and to be honest, I could use about 100 more hours a month from this studio, because watching their movies are mostly fun.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Even the not so great are fun. Like the last Ant-Man movie – not great, but still entertaining. Kinda wish we hadn’t bought it, as it feels like a bit of a waste, but glad I watched it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Part of the deal for me is I haven’t fallen in love with Tom Holland Peter Parker yet. A lot of Spidey fans say he’s the best yet, and I like him better than Andrew Garfield, but his performance is a liiiiiiiittle too golly gee willickers cute to me, not Noo Yoik enough.

He’s clearly talented and super likable but he doesn’t have as much lead charisma as the rest of the MCU gang, so in Homecoming he felt like a support character in his own film.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

It’s weird that you say that… because the thing I usually hear comic fans and other folks comment on is that they cast a very New York kid for the role.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Thomas Stanley Holland? Brit as Brit can be that kid. Born in London, lives in Kingston on Thames, played Billy Elliot, loves black pudding, etc.

Jake Johnson though, the old jaded Peter Parker from Spiderverse? He’s from Chicago or something, but he’s perfectamundo in that role.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Oh I didn’t say he’s from there… I was saying that people think he’s very New York.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I haven’t once heard him say “fuggedaboutit!” or “I’m wawkin’ heeah!”

As far as I’m concerned he may as well be from Honduras.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.