:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Spaced: The Complete Series on DVD!

• Comments Off on Spaced: The Complete Series on DVD!

Spaced: The Complete Series on DVD!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Spaced: The Complete Series on DVD!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

So yeah, you might have heard me talk about this show before, but I must reiterate — if you like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, you simply must see this show.

Spaced was a 2 season tv series in the UK in 1999 and 2000, a few years before Shaun of the Dead. Written by and starring Simon Pegg (Shaun) and Jessica Stevenson (also in Shaun), directed by Edgar Wright (the director behind both of the aforementioned movies) and co-starring Nick Frost (Shaun’s friend Ed). It is simply one of the best series I’ve ever seen, period. The same wit, style and feel of Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, but over 14 24-minute episodes, it’s just a classic. If you’re a fan of movies, you have something to like here. I don’t know if I could even count the number of movie references in this show.

Enough talk — here’s the first episode. If you like it, then seriously, go buy it. It’s $35 for three discs FULL of stuff. Here’s the link to Amazon’s page for it. Look at all the commentaries on it — Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith, Matt Stone — I mean, these are some big fans here.

Now you have to be thinking to yourself at this point — why is Rob whoring up this shit so much? I love it. I really do. It is, without a doubt, my favorite TV series ever. It’s that good, really. I’ve had the bootleg from the UK for about a year and a half now. It has only been released in the U.S. since July 22nd, as there were many songs to clear through copyright.

I’ll give you an example of how damn good this show is — a few months ago, a fellow movie-dork-friend came to visit, and we were going to go see a movie. I asked him about Spaced, and he said he hadn’t seen it. He’d liked Shaun and Hot Fuzz, so I said, “Look, I know you came over to go see a flick, but you should check out this show.” About halfway through the 4th episode (like an hour and a half later), he said, “Dude, I fucking love this show.”

I’ll quit building this show up. Like I said, watch the first episode. If you like that, it gets better. LOTS better. Funny funny stuff.

EDIT: Something I forgot to add — I’ve seen the series all the way through like 6 or 7 times. So there’s a lot of rewatch value here. And like I said, this will be one of those DVDs you’ll put in for friends and whatnot. I don’t make a penny off of this — this is pure fanboy-ness coming through. Okay, I’ll stop the commercial now..

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah dude, Spaced rules.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

I don’t know if you listen to The Treatment from KCRW Rob but it’s a bunch of pretty cool interviews if you’re a film dork. A week ago Edgar Wright was on it talking about Spaced. Scroll down to “recent shows” and you can also get the shows with Chris Nolan and other interesting cats from the movie biz.

http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/tt

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.