:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

SOS-186 – The Switched ON Show 2018

SOS-186 – The Switched ON Show 2018

Latest Replies Forums Show Releases SOS-186 – The Switched ON Show 2018

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Version3 Version3 6 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

We are still doing this video thing… so feel free to watch it right before or right after you download and listen on your favorite listening appliance.

What’s in this show? What show is this, the funny jokes, what I do at work, ants, shows, Kristen, comic book films and comics, Food network, shows, 80s, Al songs, other music, suck artists, other artists, more music, equipment, Jerry shows, Bill and Bill’s

How long is this show? I measured it with a big box of chic-o-sticks and it’s exactly 2hrs 53min and 40sec.

Can I just download it directly, because I stopped using that RSS crap? http://www.theswitchedonshow.com/podcast/SOS-185.mp3

Here’s the video thing:

And finally artwork, because I’m still doing these things too:

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Version3 Version3.
    Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I’ll bet the video gets yanked off of YT pretty quick. I kept getting failures to process at 99%, and now that I finally got it published, I already have a copyright claim showing up in my studio panel. Their little robots are frustratingly amazing at detecting copyrighted material. I suspect it’s the movie intro we watched on the show.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I just want to let you know I love you so … much … Captain.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Newman
    Participant

Eh

rob
    rob
    Participant

Eh

Huh? Ha!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You guys sit down to do a show after not doing one for aaaaaaages, you’ve all been through huge life changes over the last 13 years, and the chemistry that made us all fans in the first place is so natural and effortless that you’re all back in the groove so fast it’s like you do it every week.

Also, what other podcast has several different riffs over multiple episodes about the Staff of Ra? NONE!

Just one of the many, many reasons you guys are still the true Kings of Podcasting.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, I was listening back doing show notes, and that Halloween/Staff of Ra bit cracked me up. If I were a cartoonist, that totally would have made the show artwork.

It’s funny that you call out how quickly we hit our stride, because I don’t remember feeling like it was a typical show, and yet listening back we totally get in to it right away. Later in the episode we get into longer discussion and it’s less funny, but it definitely still works.

Now, we just have to do another before the year is out.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I don’t remember that much about the last show except I remember my stomach not feeling right, so I think about halfway through I felt out of it. I just hope that I didn’t bring the show down.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I hope so too Robby, but about 20 minutes in Jerry was laughing about as hard as I remember him ever laughing while you tried to pronounce his goofy made-up name.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I can’t wait till the next episode when we find out if Jerry ever did watch any of the Marvel movies.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I’m with The Captain on the MCU. Cap has been my favourite ever since First Avenger, but with Ragnarok and Infinity War Thor has taken the #1 spot. The combination of badassery, hilarity and – finally – pathos is just too much to deny. He’s the one character you can pair up with any other character and magic happens, but the fact they chose Rocket to be his wingman for Infinity War was the most perfect choice.

Like, the scene at the forge could so easily be incidental, taking place far from the main battle, but because of the way that part of the tale is told it might even be my favourite scene in the whole film.

“YOU’RE ABOUT TO TAKE THE FULL FORCE OF A STAR … IT’LL KILL YOU!”

“ONLY IF I DIE!”

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Boy howdy, as soon as Bryan started dissing Lost, and having heard Rob talk so passionately so many times about Lost, I just knew we were in for a treat as soon as Bryan started having a go at it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I still haven’t reached the end yet. Yesterday I had it on while I worked and so I kept getting distracted and skipping back. I probably had the video of the episode on in a window for about 5 and a half hours but I only got to about the 1:50:00 mark due to constantly skipping back. Some of the “segments” I’ve probably heard 12 times already.

This morning when I got up I just started back at the beginning. I’ll probably just keep doing that and restarting once I get to the 2 1/2 hour mark each time.

I don’t want to see the end.

I don’t want there to be no more unwatched/unheard Switched ON in my life.

Nobody does.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I love that during the Deadpool scene Robby is watching Jerry watch it to see his reaction and during the Weird Al song Jerry is watching Robby listen to it to see his reaction. I do the exact same thing, it’s so freakin relatable.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Bucho, **looking at my watch** are you done posting, can I chime in? BTW I agree with everything you said.  I don’t want there to be no more unwatched/unheard Switched ON in my life.  Nobody does.

Is that Astronaut Gordon “Gordo” Cooper on the cover art?

How do you throw a party for an astronaut? You have to plan-et.

Two men were having drinks together and talking about the space program, when one asked,”Do you think man will ever land on Mars?” “Why not?” said the other.”Man is already landing on Uranus.” *rimshot*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.