:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

SOS-183 – The Past Is Full Of Things

SOS-183 – The Past Is Full Of Things

Latest Replies Forums Show Releases SOS-183 – The Past Is Full Of Things

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Octavious Octavious 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

What’s in this show: Intros, lazy Buddha, man woman, the line, things we do and did, Eddie Money, listeners, video, artwork, theaters, rankings, obligatory discussion, Jerry had a late start, toys, editions and formats, phone call

How long is this damn show?: 02 hrs, 09 min, 18 sec

Where can I easily click one time to get this show?: SOS-183

SOS-183

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

What a great morning start! Once again artwork is superb.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You beauties!!!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

ori-STUDFARM
    ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

This is just like the latest Game Of Thrones episode. Only it got released about 2 years early rather than 4 days, right? Well just like Game Of thrones, I will devour it now whilst I can. Thank you guys…

ps I bumped it above the 6 hour long Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History episode.

BIG JOBBIES

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

1. 15 June 1974
    2. A lot of podcasts upload to Soundcloud these days.
    3. Yes, you should set up cams and make SOS a video show too.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

I remember most of the laughs came from Garage Band and Jerry’s keyboard.

I agree with posting videos.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I love that the show notes feature neither “Star” nor “Wars”, so when that conversation kicked off it was a splendid surprise.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Rob, I agree with on Rogue One, the soundtrack sucked especially the moment when Darth Vader was watching the Tantive IV escaping and expected the real-unaltered-Imperial March theme and got something else. But I think Rogue One was good for the stolen Death Star plans story line connecting to A New Hope.

The Captain nailed it about The Force Awakens. A fan made film by JJ Abrams that takes an idea and recycles it; Episode 7 the updated A New Hope. And yes Jerry no ticks.

Let’s review
    The Captain’s order:
    6, 5, 4, 3, 7, 2, Rogue One, 1

Jerry’s order:
    6, 4, 5, 3, 7, Rogue One, 1, 2

Ben
    Ben
    Participant

These two new shows sound like there wasn’t even a break from almost eight years ago. I really enjoyed having some new content. Hope everything is okay on Jerry’s side.

thx_1227
    thx_1227
    Participant

Great show…enjoyed the Star Wars talk as always. Agreed with Rob on the soundtrack from Rogue One…very forgettable. If I remember correctly though they brought in that composer late in the game and he only had like 6-8 weeks to write the score? Doesn’t change the fact that it’s lame though.

Also I’ll throw in my vote for the video shows…I do quite a bit of multi camera web streaming for my job, I’ll see if I can find a program with the features that the Captain desires.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Well, I still fell into my “old ways” a bit on this show, it took me a week to release it. –But I had to go to Austin for a few days, and the resulting work was a bit overwhelming. Thanks for the artwork compliments… I really enjoy doing them and really want to go back to older episodes and do them all.

Yes, Bucho, about a week younger… I’m always the old one.

Is Soundcloud really that popular for casting one’s pods?

I know that “the song game” is something we’ll fall back into, but it seems like we wore it out the last year we were doing frequent shows. I need to gather up a new library that is suitable, as the old library has too many “built ins” from past successes.

I left Star Wars out of the notes, because I didn’t want to get that “awe yeah” too early. We do it for almost an hour though.

All ended up being fine on the home front for Jerry’s family. It was more of a minor injury that just caused some initial panic. We were likely to wrap up soon after anyway.

Thanks THX! To recap, I’m looking for one that does:

• auto-switching based on a linked mic source (would prefer the source NOT be the built in mic on the camera)
    • has a min shot threshold (so it doesn’t switch 16 times a second
    • records all sources to disk in addition to the ‘program, not just the ‘program’
    • must run on Mac
    • must support USB camera sources
    • streaming support for more than one service
    • whatever else I said on the show
    Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Another thing, is the title to this episode. I dunno, if all have noticed before, but sometimes the title and the artwork just aren’t related at all. I don’t like when this happens, but it just does sometimes. I try to make the title something that either encapsulates the whole show, a large portion of it or something that just defines “that moment” in the show. The artwork, is really just the most visual thing that happens in a given show… and more often than not, it’s related to the title in some way. Other times, you get the High Hornet Drone on a show that largely is about various things from our past shows, and the SW saga.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

1. Star Wars
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Empire Strikes Back
    4. Rogue One
    5. The Force, It Awakens
    6. The Phantom Menace
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Caravan of Courage
    37. Attack of the Clones

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I really figured more from this group would have Empire as their fave.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Empire’s the “best” movie, but if I’m choosing something to watch I’m choosing that one third.

I have Star Wars at the top, but to be fair that might just be out of habit/sentimentality and because it was when the true main character of the OT – Han Solo – was at his absolute coolest. It’s definitely the one I’ve watched most, but if the criteria is which one you’d choose to watch all other things being equal I’d probably have Jedi at #1, because I love the wildly exotic Jabba’s Palace stuff so much, and because it ends with the most epic finale in the history of cinema, cutting between the greatest space battle in the history of cinema and the greatest battle of wills in the history of cinema.

I also can never shake the feeling that as awesome as Empire is, it’s really kind of only half a story.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.