:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

something i just now realized about snow leopard

• Comments Off on something i just now realized about snow leopard

something i just now realized about snow leopard

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder something i just now realized about snow leopard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

with the recent release of windows 7 i’m starting to see more and more stories about hacks and cracks to get around activation and it just now dawned on me…

when i installed os x snow leopard, i don’t ever remember putting in any kind of serial number or anything of the sort. i also remember it not stopping the install to ask me stupid questions.

i just found that interesting.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

Apple doesn’t do licensing the same way. You just agree to it. It also does not have activation server, or a call home device. Supposedly their research shows that due to their price point, and their frequent new hardware offerings that their piracy rate is low enough that they don’t feel the need to complicate the process for their other users. As their popularity increases, it will be interesting to see if this remains to be true.

Larkitect
    Participant

that is pretty cool. makes me want to kick myself for being such a windows fanboy all those years.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

thx_1227
    Participant

The fact that they offer the family packs for dirt cheap helps a lot I’d imagine, I know it worked for me.

Newman
    Participant

Yea it is pretty awesome to use 1 copy to update a pile of computers here at the office w/o the hassle of entering 48 digit codes that tend to not work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.