:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Some interesting Clerks II news…

• Comments Off on Some interesting Clerks II news…

Some interesting Clerks II news…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Some interesting Clerks II news…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

First off, they’ve moved the release date up from August to July 21st, opening with Shyamalan’s Lady in the Water. This is a pretty bold move, in my opinion.

Secondly, I read on joblo.com that Kevin Smith has already recorded a commentary for Clerks II and will be making it available (not sure for a price or not) for people to put on their iPods to watch during the movie. An in-theater movie commentary?!? Sounds cool to me…

Scatt
    Participant

What a fucking great idea about the commentary! Damn, it’s like there’s so many really really creative ideas that are always so simple in theory and they make you go, “Fuuuck!! Why didn’t I think of that?!”

So hey Rob, why do you say that jumping the theatrical release up a month is bold? I do realize that summer a very strategic time frame for movies, but I don’t quite understand this part. Just curious what the guru thinks.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah Rob, what’s your thought process here? The demographic for the two movies is totally different… even if some of us appear in both of them (the demographics, not the movies).

rob
    Participant

Well, the demographics are certainly different, but Weinstein and Co. putting it up against Lady in the Water almost assures them that they won’t be the #1 movie that weekend. All alone in August would mean it probably would be #1. Anyway, good for them — it means that they have confidence in them…

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, but #1 slot doesn’t always translate to ticket sales… putting back in the summer means more expendable cash is being spent and people meeting with ‘sold out’ at Lady might put their bux in Clerks 2. I have no idea, I’m just talking out of the side of my head to make it sound like I have a point.

BTW: I don’t expect Lady in the Water to do that well, not really anyway. I expect it to be pretty good, I just don’t think it’s going to be a cash cow.

Octavious
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    …Secondly, I read on joblo.com that Kevin Smith…

Why is it that every time you think Rob isn’t gay, thats until he mentions things like joblo.

cinemafreak
    Participant

Its no surprise. It’ll probably be released via his Video Diary podcast

rob
    Participant

There’s nothing wrong with joblo.com! It’s a movie site! They also run moviehotties.com, which is a nice celebrity picture and news website, also known for its show of females scantily clad and/or naked, in case you want to know…

😉

rob
    Participant

So yeah, don’t know if you’ve read this or not, but when Clerks II premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, it received a standing ovation. For 8 minutes! Pretty amazing, and now, I’m really looking forward to the movie.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m still afraid, but looking forward to it anyway.

Bucho
    Participant

I’m into it too, even if it’s just to see if Jeff Anderson still delivers the dialogue so badly. I hope he does. At the time I used to think it was a bummer that Kevin Smith got this useless actor to play this part with all these great lines but now to me it’s just who Randal is, like part of his personality is to be one of the most unnatural characters ever and it makes such a good foil for Dante who’s the Joe Average. Actually, isn’t Clerks due for a Hollywood remake, or are they too busy making Big Momma’s House 3 and The Dawson’s Creek Movie …

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

digitaltopia
    Participant

The commentary bit is a pretty good strategy. It can encourage people to see the movie in the theaters twice. The first time just to watch the movie, and then again to watch it with the commentary.

You know, I’ve never seen Clerks I. I should probably rent it.

Jor-El
    Participant

I just happened to notice a numbered Howard Jones CD I have is number 37. 37?

I like titties.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.