:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Software help needed and all that (help!)

• Comments Off on Software help needed and all that (help!)

Software help needed and all that (help!)

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Software help needed and all that (help!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, so I’m trying to convert avi/mpg, etc., into a playable DVD (one that can be played on any DVD player). I’ve used Nero, but the results are rather mixed. Some times I’ll get a decent product, other times the encoding is off so it looks like a badly dubbed kung fu movie. I have the Adobe DVD Maker, but I get lost trying to work on that damned thing (even though I’m somewhat of a wiz on Photoshop).

Anyway, does anyone know of a good program to convert computer files (again, AVI/MPG, etc.) into a playable, decent DVD? I’m working on a PC here, so my Mac friends might not be able to help, but whatever help anyone can give would be great!.

Version3
    Keymaster

Mac is the best way for this, because there is a good cheap tool for it called VisualHub. But, you don’t have a Mac.

avi2dvd works really well if you can get to an AVI first. Then you can burn the resulting ISO with Nero or whatever. The big thing to remember is that you can’t have big or complicated volume names… this will error on a LOT of set top players. Stay 8 characters, no spaces or specials and you’ll be okay on the volume name.

I’ve seen a lot of people say ” DVD Flick ” is great, and a lot like VH above, but I have not tried it. It’s free though, so you could always test it for us all. 🙂
    dvdflick.net

Good Luck! Maybe next year Santa will bring you a Mac. 🙂

Pa-ul
    Participant

Have a scoot around for TMPENG.

I used to use that, before I started renting movies to “ahem” (back them up).

Region 2 sucks, we have every language under the sun on a dvd (some I’m not to sure about, mainly cos I can’t read them)

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m having trouble remembering, but won’t TMPENG just give you a DVD ready MPEG2, and not an actual DVD image? Although it could be frame rate issues or something, I think Nero is probably having trouble with the file once it puts it into the DVD image and tries to burn it. That’s what I’ve had trouble with on that Winders platform.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I just use some good, free Linux programs to do that, but I think you have Windows and I don’t think there’s a Windows version of the programs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.