:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

So I saw the damned X-Men movie (no spoilers, promise)

• Comments Off on So I saw the damned X-Men movie (no spoilers, promise)

So I saw the damned X-Men movie (no spoilers, promise)

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge So I saw the damned X-Men movie (no spoilers, promise)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

After pleading with my boss (because I really did want to see the movie when it opened) I convinced him the noble thing to do would be to let me leave early. Of course, noble means that I have to come in early tomorrow, but that’s neither the here nor there.

It was a packed house (which is something, considering I live in a pretty small suburb of a rather large city).

The movie itself wasn’t bad. You could tell they spent the budget on special effects instead of a script, but other than that, it was pretty good. Of course, I had to sit beside the one person who didn’t know anything about X-Men, so I kept hearing things like: “She’ll get them, that blue girl,” and “Oh my God, that’s Frasier!” and “That Scott guy has really cute eyes, it’s a shame they’re covering them up with those sunglasses all the time.”

Also of note: If you’re a comic aficionado, you’re probably going to be disappointed. I think the writers read the Cliff’s Notes and decided to just write whatever they wanted to write. So, a lot of the history of why people are what they are is missing or changed. That’s all the spoiling I’m gonna do, I swear.

Sigh, usually I’m not such an angry person. The last two days have been really, well, I don’t want to kill anyone, but kicking a puppy isn’t out of the question. (Not literally)

That’s about all I’ve got.

Yep.

mike3point14159
    Participant

The Juggernaut that is shown in the commercials is way too small. He’s the Juggernaut, Bitch. He should be about 7′ tall and weigh about 900 pounds.

Cause he’s the Juggernaut bitch.

rob
    Participant

One of the things that I read made a lot of sense, with respect to all of the comic fans out there. It might be better to look at the movie for what it is, rather than what could have been. For me, even though I’m somewhat expecting the worst, I’m really going to try this approach — it might make for a more enjoyable experience.

Eh, who am I kidding? I’ve never been able to look at stuff that objectively. It is food for thought, though…

Frank
    Participant

All right, everyone needs to see it soon so we can all talk about it. See, I hate when people tell me things about movies or TV shows that I want to see, but haven’t seen yet. Because of that, I don’t like to share information with folks who might be like me. Granted, there aren’t many out there like me, but you get the idea.

Bucho
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    That Scott guy has really cute eyes, it’s a shame they’re covering them up with those sunglasses all the time.

I’ve gotta say I agree with you Frank, Scott is one dreamy piece of ass.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Frank wrote:
    That Scott guy has really cute eyes, it’s a shame they’re covering them up with those sunglasses all the time.

That’s just what I HEARD, not what I said. And, for the record, I’d like to think I could manage to get a Wolverine if I wanted to do so. 🙂

BSherrod
    Participant

I agree with Frank (hence my review), I mean it was good enough if that makes since. The franchise was already a well oiled machine, Ratner only had to get in and drive. Judging by the movie, he has a pretty heavy foot.

Frank
    Participant

I ALMOST FORGOT!!! If you haven’t seen the movie yet, don’t leave before the credits are finished. After the credits, there’s a little bit extra that you’re going to want to see. I promise, it’s something that folks are going to be talking about, and other folks are going to be pissed as hell they didn’t see it!

Scatt
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Frank wrote:

Goddamn it Bucho, I know you guys are talking about the X-Men movie, but if only in a dream you could be talking about me…*Belch*.. and that is why we can never be together. Let woe be my vitality.

Bing
    Participant

AAYY Frank!
    Any chance Rogue or Phoenix got nekkid?

People who talk during movies should be shot in the stomach and left to die slowly.
    Speaking of which…..

Me and the Wife “Bingette” went to see that Tom Hanks hair movie “The Da Vinci Code”. We walked in, took our seats and settled in with rather low expectations. Before the lights dimmed about a dozen 15 year olds walk in and sit DIRECTLY behind us and start to giggle and holler the way all 15 year olds do. Now, not being a parent and therefore not caring if I emotionally scar someone else’s loud ass child I turn around and say in my best schoolteacher voice, “Now listen, if you kids are gonna sit back there then you will be quiet, if you are going to talk you need to move. Does everyone understand me?”..”Yes sir” was the response I got (damn near passed out from shock that they bought it, but hey..luck helps).

Well after the movie starts 2 old grandparent-types walk in and make more noise than all of those kids combined could ever hope to make.
    “CAN YOU SEE?”
    “NO CAN YOU? WHERE”D YOU WANNA SIT!!”
    “WHAT”
    “I SAID WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SIT!”

From the back row I hear a kid yell
    “ANYWHERE EXCEPT BEHIND THAT GUY!” –I kid you not, gramps and grandma were dead quiet after that.

…..absolutely true

Da Vinci Review – 3 out of 5
    Seeing a kid yell at old people – priceless

rob
    Participant

There’s a Bingette? Wow…

That’s a pretty good story, there. I hate loud people in theaters. I think we should all carry .38s and shoot them in the gut if they talk.

Frank
    Participant

Sorry, no nuditiness. Rogue is barely in the movie at all and as for Jean Grey/Phoenix, well, if red-heads with a bitchy attitude turn you on, then you’re in luck. What the hell, right? It’s still Masturbation Month for at least four more days! Everybody celebrate!!! 😛

Bing
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    There’s a Bingette? Wow…

You think you are surprised? You shoulda’ seen her after the drugs wore off.
    Of course I only joke..

but thanks for the vote of confidence there Rob

..I think its the Love around here that makes me stay

rob
    Participant

Vote of confidence? Wow, the sarcasm’s pretty thick, there, Bing. I meant just the name Bingette…but hey, whatever. I guess all the gay jokes have made me a little…on edge.

Of course, I kid, too…the only thing I think that I take seriously on here is movies. Because I am a loser with no other reason for living…oh, and there’s the show, too…

Bucho
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    AAYY Frank!
    Any chance Rogue or Phoenix got nekkid?

People who talk during movies should be shot in the stomach and left to die slowly.
    Speaking of which…..

Me and the Wife “Bingette” went to see that Tom Hanks hair movie “The Da Vinci Code”. We walked in, took our seats and settled in with rather low expectations. Before the lights dimmed about a dozen 15 year olds walk in and sit DIRECTLY behind us and start to giggle and holler the way all 15 year olds do. Now, not being a parent and therefore not caring if I emotionally scar someone else’s loud ass child I turn around and say in my best schoolteacher voice, “Now listen, if you kids are gonna sit back there then you will be quiet, if you are going to talk you need to move. Does everyone understand me?”..”Yes sir” was the response I got (damn near passed out from shock that they bought it, but hey..luck helps).

Well after the movie starts 2 old grandparent-types walk in and make more noise than all of those kids combined could ever hope to make.
    “CAN YOU SEE?”
    “NO CAN YOU? WHERE”D YOU WANNA SIT!!”
    “WHAT”
    “I SAID WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SIT!”

From the back row I hear a kid yell
    “ANYWHERE EXCEPT BEHIND THAT GUY!” –I kid you not, gramps and grandma were dead quiet after that.

…..absolutely true

Da Vinci Review – 3 out of 5
    Seeing a kid yell at old people – priceless

Good times, good times.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.