:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

So how about them democrats

• Comments Off on So how about them democrats

So how about them democrats

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder So how about them democrats

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

yup

Bucho
    Participant

I know dude, it’s getting out of hand. When they were just normal rats they were bad enough, nibbling away on wires and cables and testicles, but now they’re demons they’re almost impossible to stop, they’re amok and they’re gaining momentum. Normal traps don’t work at all so I always end up trying to throw them into the airlock so I can flush them out into space but they’re like Japanese Zeroes, you shoot one down and two more come at you out of the sun. Frikken demonrats.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

padawaneagle
    Participant

Agreed. This is bullshit. It must stop

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s all of the poopin’ everywhere I hate the most. I would have said the testical gnawing, but with the pregnant wife… well a guy has needs.

padawaneagle
    Participant

I hear one more word about how great Obama is, I might puke…I wish that I was old enough to vote…just missed the bar by four months.

Bing
    Participant

Bucho is your news coverage as saturated with it as we are in the states?

Version3
    Keymaster
    padawaneagle wrote:
    I hear one more word about how great Obama is, I might puke…I wish that I was old enough to vote…just missed the bar by four months.

Bucho’s comments were not about Democrats, he was having fun by playing on the word to make it about something else. Let’s just avoid specific political views on here. It’s probably the only subject that’s just best stayed completely away from on SOS. Comments about saturated coverage or whatever are no biggie, just political affiliation or preferences are an issue. It’s not worked out well at all here in the past.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Oh, i guess I didn’t know it had a bad history here.

All I was gonna say is I thought Obama’s speech, along with Gore’s, was pretty dope

Bucho
    Participant
    Bing wrote:

It’s always present but we have our own political stouches hogging the press limelight too. Russia vs Georgia and the China/Olympics thing took over for a while too. But the U.S. being the U.S., any substantial news from your neck of the woods always makes its way into our news too.

That’s partly because along with the U.K. and Australia, America is the most infuential outside force on our culture and is one of the countries we are most aligned with in military affairs. How things go down in The States very often sends out waves into the rest of the world, especially this little corner of the South Pacific.

But really we are spared the blanket coverage I’m sure you guys are under right now because of two or three big local issues cranking over at the moment and we’re only about three months away from our own election.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

padawaneagle
    Participant

Man…I’m not allowed to talk politics anywhere. πŸ™

Version3
    Keymaster
    El Rustirino wrote:
    Oh, i guess I didn’t know it had a bad history here.

All I was gonna say is I thought Obama’s speech, along with Gore’s, was pretty dope

It’s not that it’s not allowed, it’s just sensitive. Strict views, beating on candidates and being overly “passionate” about the subject rarely ends well… especially on boards

I really think, that both candidates, and VP candidate Biden are all pretty good speakers. Hillary isn’t the speaker that Bill is; I felt like she had to rely on subject matter to drive the crowds. She speaks like she’s talking down to people… there are a lot of politicians that sound like that from time to time. Bush (who probably shouldn’t talk down to anyone) seems to do this on occasion, unlike his dad who was a pretty good speaker. More public access to politicians via TV, cable and the internet has really made it easier to focus on this aspect of political communication, as it’s always felt like something that the leaders of this country sort of lost track of in the last 100 years or so.

Version3
    Keymaster
    padawaneagle wrote:
    Man…I’m not allowed to talk politics anywhere. πŸ™

You can, it’s just a careful area.

padawaneagle wrote:
    I hear one more word about how great Obama is, I might puke…

This one is just in the darker grey area. It could be a complaint about the “golden boy” type of coverage the guy has been getting, or it could be viewed as the intro into a point of view tirade. That’s why I say it’s careful space.

There are just other better places suited for it. Rob and I (more me) spent a lot of time taking a political discussion from one show, and moving it to the boards. Ultimately it resulted in a lot less switched:ON appearances from our buddy Mike Pi, and his friend Short Bus Reject, and the short fruitless discussion was far from worth the trade.

There isn’t a show driving board membership or support these days, just a few of us shootin’ the shit, so there isn’t a lot of room for someone to get all butt-hurt about something. Politics is just one of those things that even like-minded people almost always disagree on. To have a safe discussion, it almost seems as you have to have similar approaches to the debate, somewhat aligned views and tone of voice and inflection to work from. None that a board really provides.

I have issues with every candidate, always have. I like what Bill Mahr said the other night on Leno (paraphased heavily): they are all dishonest cheaters from time to time, they are politicians. I don’t know that it’s always picking the lesser of the evils (though sometimes it may very well be), but sometimes it’s just accepting the fact that they are still less than what you want them to be and you just try to find the one that best suits what you want to see get accomplished.

Bing
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Bing wrote:

I am Hillary’s Baby Daddy

yeah well you know we love you jungle living savages, with your catapults and loincloths….when you discover fire we will show you how to oppress the poor and blame crime on psychotic monkeys..

NBLIANGW

El Rustirino
    Participant

Lol, VP with Down’s Syndrome child.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.