:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

So Bumblebee’s going to be a Camaro after all?

• Comments Off on So Bumblebee’s going to be a Camaro after all?

So Bumblebee’s going to be a Camaro after all?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder So Bumblebee’s going to be a Camaro after all?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

This site has pics of the new 2009 Camaro. It’s interesting because it’s a Saleen Camaro. I knew about Saleen Mustangs, but never Camaros. I still don’t like it. Bumblebee should be a VW, plain and simple. There’s my two cents worth of bitching for the night. I’m going to bed.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=234#post234

PS: I hope the site’s okay to post. If not, will you guys please take it down for me? Thanks!.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s okay to post links to anything. The deal with content here, has to do with ‘models’ or ‘human subjects’ and having releases. If you guys really want, I can detail the rules of when you can/can’t and such, but it’s really weird.

Newman
    Participant

Thats a great idea Bryan, that way we dont take chances with ‘questionable’ content, and also reduce the chance to jeopardize the site & show.

Bing
    Participant

Well I guess there just gonna piss all over our childhood.

Next thing you know they’ll make a new transformer that is gay and transforms into a giant Macy parade float or some shit.

I’m with the Frank, VW Bug or nothin’ (‘course I’m partial to the 1967 version of the bug first year with 12V power)

Version3
    Keymaster
    Bing wrote:
    Well I guess there just gonna piss all over our childhood.

Next thing you know they’ll make a new transformer that is gay and transforms into a giant Macy parade float or some shit.

I’m with the Frank, VW Bug or nothin’ (‘course I’m partial to the 1967 version of the bug first year with 12V power)

True for US models (for sure), but only as a ‘first full year’… as there are factory ’66 Beetles with 12V, though they are fewer. I have one of these. There are a number of things that are special about the ’67, one year only Door Handles, one year only front fenders, one year only wheels. ’67 is one of my favorite, and was the first year I owned.

I’m really worried about what political friendly bullshit character we’ll be forced to put up with in the movie… it’s my biggest fear, and will be much more of a gripe than Bumblebee not being a Bug. It’s a travesty, but another fact of Hollywood is franchise marketability, and partnering is part of that deal. Seeing a 40 year old car does nothing for anyone financially, so of course they’ll ditch it. I’m not ‘for it’ I just have gotten used to it.

rob
    Participant

Okay, so they’re not using a VW bug for Bumblebee. It actually follows the original story, that if it took place in present day, the ship would send out a sentry to get current ideas for things for the Transformers to turn into.

Now, I also concede that it’s possible for them to screw other things up, but if Bumblebee’s a Camaro instead of a bug, Optimus Prime is a fire truck instead of an 18-wheeler, and Starscream is an F-22 Raptor instead of an F-15 Eagle, well, I’m okay with that. I mean, would it really bother anyone that Hound would now be a Hummer instead of an old Army Jeep? All I know is Michael Bay at the helm with Spielberg helping along the way sounds pretty good, and I’m going to reserve judgment.

Bing
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    True for US models (for sure), but only as a ‘first full year’… as there are factory ’66 Beetles with 12V, though they are fewer. I have one of these. There are a number of things that are special about the ’67, one year only Door Handles, one year only front fenders, one year only wheels. ’67 is one of my favorite, and was the first year I owned.

Obviously your Jedi Powers are far more advanced than mine on this issue. I’m sure we both agree that VW rules all. Fire up that noisy ass Bug and record a show on the road!

BSherrod
    Participant

Yea, Saleen is a Ford Tuner company and a Saleen camaro is more movie magic crap.

Version3
    Keymaster

Classic VWs do rule all. The bug (mine) though is nowhere close to roadworthy. It will be very non-classic if it ever makes it back to the road.

BSherrod
    Participant

Yea my dad drove a 60-something beetle and I saw this 62 convertible in an Auto Trader that I thought about trying to get, but now I’m looking for a fastback 67 mustang and hes looking to buy some pussy new beetle convertible or something.

Octavious
    Participant

My father had Beetle, Rabbit, Dasher, Jetta and a Golf, ohh I mean Rabbit.

Bing
    Participant

What are they gonna do with Megatron?

rob
    Participant

I think I read somewheres that he was going to be a tank. It’s mostly speculation at this point, of course, but I always hated the fact that he and Soundwave actually shrunk down. That just — I don’t know, it bothered me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.