:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Skeptics unite! Astronaut claims aliens among us!

• Comments Off on Skeptics unite! Astronaut claims aliens among us!

Skeptics unite! Astronaut claims aliens among us!

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Skeptics unite! Astronaut claims aliens among us!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant
    Version3
    Keymaster

Some of his responses are funny, and are typical old guy stuff. That bit about never hearing it before and he replies “Well, you’ve never talked with me before” is just funny to me.
    The host is kinda surprised, did he not know they were going to “go there”? -Because it sounded like he was going to try to get some response, just seemed surprised when he got it.

I didn’t realize that so many governments had admitted to what they have. I thought Mexico was kind of alone on this. US confirmation would really change the issue, since it’s likely they would have to not only acknowledge it, but have to explain quite a bit in regards to cover up and such. Yeah, it will be interesting to see what the world does with knowledge like that. Most likely the public will just say “figures” and go about their little self-centered days.

Bing
    Participant

Yeah, what kind of shock are they afraid of the public suffering?

As long as the masses don’t have to change their television viewing habits or learn to speak Vulcan this shit ain’t even gonna make a dent in the stupidity of a species who’s biggest question is “Do I look fat in this?”

Anyone else hear about the triplet signals from the area of Pisces and Aries? Seems to be some doubt about it but the biggest hope of it being from an intelligent species is the way the signal was sent something having to do with hydrogen frequencies….anyway, its bigger and more relevant than the “WOW!” signal in the late 70’s. This shit even repeats.

But you’ll never hear anything about it on the news because they are too busy with stupid fucking white girls with no underwear getting out of limos and the 8 year long campaign of McCain and Obama.

The most amazing discovery in the history of humans other than fire and we will ignore the fucking thing.

I HATE HUMANITY!!!

Version3
    Keymaster

You have a link on this discovery?

Bing
    Participant

see below

Bing
    Participant

I want to clarify some stuff here, since I have done some more reading on this.

It is properly called Radio source SHGb02+14a

and it is NOT conclusive evidence of E.T.I. it’s just the closest and most resilient to criticism we have seen yet.

I take it by the lack of responses this issue is not all that interesting.

🙁

Version3
    Keymaster

That’s okay, I totally forgot to go read it. It’s been a busy pair of weeks here. Busy being ‘not busy’ if that makes any sense at all.

Bucho
    Participant

I remember that stuff being in the news when it came out a few years ago Bing, but I listen mostly to the local university radio station and they pay more attention to that sort of topic.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

So there’s 2 views on real Alien contact that I know of (no conspiracy aliens are among us stuff)

1- The Carl Sagan view that it will cause chaos and then unity to know we are not alone in the universe.

2- The Stephen Hawking view that (human) history shows that whenever a more technologically advanced group meets a less advanced group the lesser ends up slaves, dead, or worse.

So, aside from the conspiracy theories and Roswell stuff, which have their place but that’s not what this thread is about, which do you guys think is more realistic or are either of them viable theories…

discuss…..

Version3
    Keymaster

I think the Carl Sagan view would represent a great deal of evolved civilizations, but they are also the ones that likely would avoid making contact with us we are deemed ready. I think that there are beings that probably fit closer to the Hawking model, and they may not yield to that methodology… so they may be more likely to contact us first.

Look at us. If we were to hit another explosive growth spurt, the moment we get out of our atmosphere we just may be looking for Earth2. -what happens if we find it and it’s inhabited by something younger than us? Hawking has a point, as the model of our existence here on Earth supports his theory, and history can be quite a teacher. I’d like to think that the number of big picture thinkers involved in an event that more supports the Sagan ideology would be able to calm and direct the masses; but I think the fact us the first phase of chaos would invoke such a mob mentality that the general population would take 50 years to start to open their mind or adjust their thinking at all.

Bucho
    Participant

Let me get this straight. Hawking seems to be talking about the interaction between us and the aliens while Sagan seems to be talking about the reaction amongst humankind, right? Sagan is saying that public official confirmation of ETI would cause chaos then unity amongst us? Or is he also talking about the interaction between us and the aliens?

Bing
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Let me get this straight. Hawking seems to be talking about the interaction between us and the aliens while Sagan seems to be talking about the reaction amongst humankind, right? Sagan is saying that public official confirmation of ETI would cause chaos then unity amongst us? Or is he also talking about the interaction between us and the aliens?

My understanding in the way he presented the idea numerous times was the interaction between people and other people, not the interaction between us and them…in fact you could go so far as to say Sagan’s ideas were based on the assumption that most ETI contact would be a one way conversation. They talk, we listen.

Hawking was speaking more to your last statement of actual ETI and Human contact. It seems open to interpretation or debate as to whether this is direct physical contact (landings and interaction) or even something as sci-fi sounding as orbital blockades and communications disruption…basically bringing us to our knees and then enslaving or killing us (or anal rape, you know….whatever)

Bucho
    Participant

That’s what I thought, they’re not really opposing ideas. The bad guys will try to have their wicked ways with us and we’ll bust out the chaos initially but then unite to go down fighting. Like in that movie. Kramer Vs Kramer.

I buy just as much onto the idea that an advanced race will be warlike as I do into the idea that they’d be so highly evolved they won’t use weapons or violence anymore and will be all about the power of the mind. I don’t know where that hippy idea of alien contact comes from but history and nature teach us that conflict breeds strength and development in all areas.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.