:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Sitting here

• Comments Off on Sitting here

Sitting here

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Sitting here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Sitting here.. Refreshing the forums.

Waiting..

Waiting for something.. Not knowing what it is..

I guess it’s like knowing that a train wreck will happen..

No one gets killed.. But the explosion could be awesome.

Anyone hear Korby’s show earlier today? He mentioned show 150 on his podcast.

Anyway..

End Of Line.

Bucho
    Participant

No way James me old cobber, it’s a huge bummer that we won’t get our weekly dose of SOS awesomeness and I feel your pain but I can’t see it as a death, more like Obi Wan sacrificing himself so others can grow from it. It won’t be the same and we’ll miss the shit out of it but the boys will still be a presence in cyberspace somehow, just different from how it’s been. And there’s a community of demented fun lovin souls right here and 150+ shows of the greatest podcast in history to keep us warm at night.

Speaking of old Ben, do you suppose when he became part of the force and was still watching over Luke, maybe he was also spending some time watching over Leia too? Like bath-time … getting dressed time … personal satisfaction time … I mean she was an important and powerful person, it’s only right that he kept and eye on her too as part of his responsibility for slicing bodyparts off her old man and leaving him to crisp up.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

digitaltopia
    Participant

“Oh, the force is strong with that one. It’s getting stronger… getting stronger… oh yes.” –Obi-Wan Kenobi

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Bucho,

Apologies. Now reflecting upon it I should have said like watching a phoenix starting to burn.

Knowing that it destructs, but comes back from it’s ashes.

Not being fatalistic, but more curious what this next incarnation will be like.

‘Leia getting dressed’
    – Wait! I’m indoors and it feels like it’s raining on me.. And now my hair is allstuck together in these horrible honey buns on the sides of my head.”

Obi Wan Force Jizz, Better than final net in keeping your hair in place..

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Okay.. For all of you forum readers..
    Let’s have a bit of fun..

Go to http://www.podcastawards.com and nominate the Switched:On Show in the comedy category.

The current round of voting is for nominations. The next round will be for votes.

You can nominate once per day and in only 1 category EXCEPT for The Best Produced category.

I am casting my vote for SOS in Comedy and Best produced.

Can’t hurt to do this… And what a better send off than awards for the fantastic job that they have done for all of us.. Plus they win prizes.

Bucho
    Participant

No apologies neccesary mate, I didn’t mean it as in, “Chin up soldier,” or “Pull yourself together sailor,” more like, “Always look on the bright side of life,” or, “The cup is half full,” or, “The early bird catches the chickens before they hatch and poop all over the kitchen.”

I’m in on the voting deal.

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Buddha Bucho,

Cool that you’re in on the voting.. Perhaps others will join us in our quest..

I was thinking.. Perhaps the forum posters could do a Best Of show on their own.

Say take episode 1-5 and do a best of, then a 6-10..

We all contribute our favorites from 1 to 5, but one or two hosts do the ‘commentary’.

It would give me something to do with that three hours a week I used to set aside for new SOS.

Thoughts, banter, comments?

Bing
    Participant
    GeorgiaJames wrote:
    Buddha Bucho,

Cool that you’re in on the voting.. Perhaps others will join us in our quest..

I was thinking.. Perhaps the forum posters could do a Best Of show on their own.

Say take episode 1-5 and do a best of, then a 6-10..

We all contribute our favorites from 1 to 5, but one or two hosts do the ‘commentary’.

It would give me something to do with that three hours a week I used to set aside for new SOS.

Thoughts, banter, comments?

cool idea

Bucho
    Participant

The personal best-of commentary idea is interesting, I planned to do a 90-120 second cut of exactly that about Show 071 for the 150 extravaganza but I ran out of time. I still plan to do that one and I’ll get some stuff together for the 1-5 suggestion too. How long do you reckon they should be?

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

For the whole cast I would think 45min to 75 mins.. Longer if the clips warrant. Shorter if we want to..

The clips, well take the whole clip. If the hilarity is 10 minutes, take the whole 10, if its 25, hell use it all..

Also I was thinking that opposed to an episode 1-5, maybe we could look at them all.

Just have to keep track of those so that they don’t get repeated too much..

Again, just my thoughts.. I want this to be a community project.

Version3
    Keymaster

If you all do this, I’d be happy to create a switched:ON Classics feed that has these shows in it. It would be cool.

Bing
    Participant

This past weekend I had an idea about doing an SOS commentary…

Show on the left side speaker listener commentary on the right side…

I did a “proof of concept” with show 147, but that was a hard show to do that to.

thoughts?

Comments?

Sexual Fantasies?

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

Well theres this red head with long hair, slim but well defined legs, wearing fishnet stockings.. with big hooters…

And she gives me a…..

Oh.. Wait, were were talking about S:OClassics..

I was thinking of a ‘before and after’ bit commentary, but the ‘during’ commentary is a very unique idea.

Bucho
    Participant
    GeorgiaJames wrote:
    For the whole cast I would think 45min to 75 mins.. Longer if the clips warrant. Shorter if we want to..

Funny you should say that, I was listening to SOS-071 this morning and I can’t see any way I could cut it into only a 120 sec movie trailer type thing.

GeorgiaJames
    Participant

I feel that we should look for the best, regardless of the length.

71 you say? I’ll relisten to that one tomorrow..

GJ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.